Trinto Duaba was a Stennes Shifter who was notably present in Chalmun's Cantina in Mos Eisley, Tatooine, on that fateful day that Luke Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi first met Han Solo. Sitting in a darkened booth with the Ithorian Momaw Nadon, Duaba witnessed Skywalker and Kenobi enter into an altercation with Dr. Cornelius Evazan and his companion Ponda Baba. Over thirty years later, Duaba attended the castle of Maz Kanata on Takodana. Due to a hyperspace-rip side-effect, the Stennes Shifter, along with many other patrons, witnessed the destruction of the remote Hosnian system directly from Takodana.
Behind the scenesEdit
Trinto Duaba first appeared in the cantina scene of the Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope. His mask was a reuse of a pre-existing design from the makeup artist Rick Baker's inventory. This design, known as "Terminal Man," was an attempt to create an original take on Frankenstein's monster. The character was assigned the name of Trinto Duaba in sources that are part of Star Wars Legends, previously known as the Expanded Universe, and are therefore not official canon. However the canonicity of that name was confirmed in Star Wars: Complete Locations.
- LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens (First identified as Trinto Duaba)
- (Picture only)
- Star Wars: Complete Locations (First identified as Trinto Duaba)
- (Picture only)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Star Wars: Complete Locations
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope
- ↑ . “yeah, I'd say so.”
- ↑ . “What they're seeing is some weird hand-wavy hyperspace rip. Side-effect of the Starkiller.”
- ↑ . “that's it, but the explanation is too long to get into here”