Tryst Veila was a Force-sensitive male Human who fathered the Jedi Knight Tahiri Veila with his wife Cassa Veila. Both Tryst and his wife were strong in the Force, though they were never trained, as the Jedi Order had been virtually wiped out by then.
In 16 ABY, Tryst and Cassa befriended an injured Tusken Raider named Sliven. They became friends quickly despite the hostility between the settlers and the Tusken Raiders. Tryst would learn from Sliven how to wield a gaderffii. One day, he was enjoying a gaderffi sparring session outside his home with Sliven. Sliven's tribe caught sight of this however, and assumed that Sliven was under attack. Mistaking them for enemies, he and Cassa were killed by the tribe before Sliven could stop them.
Out of pity and in return for the kindness shown to him by them, Sliven adopted a then-three-year-old Tahiri and raised her as a Tusken Raider until she turned nine in 22 ABY, when she was discovered to be Force-sensitive by Luke Skywalker and Tionne Solusar during a trip to Tatooine. She would only learn about it during a return trip to Tatooine from the Jedi Praxeum.
- Junior Jedi Knights: Promises (First mentioned)
- Junior Jedi Knights: Anakin's Quest (Vision to Tahiri Veila)
- Junior Jedi Knights: Kenobi's Blade (Indirect mention only)
- The New Jedi Order: Edge of Victory I: Conquest (Indirect mention only)
- The New Jedi Order: Edge of Victory II: Rebirth (Mentioned only)