- "These tsik vai were not shaped by idiot children, as you seem to think."
- ―Vua Rapuung
The tsik vai was an organic atmospheric vehicle used by the Yuuzhan Vong as a search craft. The tsik vai resembled a manta ray with a neck sac for signaling to other craft in the area. This neck-sac inflated and turned bright red as a signal to other tsik vai. The vessel was piloted by a gravity-sensitive dovin basal and had a transparent cockpit for one pilot only. It had flexible wings and gill analogs that made it whine in flight. These "gills" functioned as intake valves. The tsik vai also had several long tentacles for grabbing prisoners.
A tsik vai flier was used to search for Anakin Solo on Yavin 4.
- The New Jedi Order: Edge of Victory I: Conquest (First appearance)
- The New Jedi Order: Force Heretic III: Reunion (Mentioned only)
- The New Jedi Order: The Final Prophecy
- The New Jedi Order: The Unifying Force
- The New Jedi Order Sourcebook (First identified as Tsik vai)
- The New Essential Guide to Vehicles and Vessels
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia