Tuanul was a settlement on the planet Jakku located in Kelvin Ravine. It was populated by members of the Church of the Force, who eschewed modern technology and instead created their own in order to bring themselves more in touch with nature.
Approximately thirty years after the Battle of Endor, during a conflict between the First Order and the Resistance, the settlement was sacked by the Order. The assault was led by Kylo Ren, a Force warrior who sought to gain knowledge on the whereabouts of the missing Jedi Master Luke Skywalker from one of the Tuanul villagers, Lor San Tekka. After capturing the Resistance pilot Poe Dameron, the stormtroopers—with the exception of FN-2187—executed the villagers in accordance with Ren's orders.
- Aftermath (First mentioned)
- Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens novel
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: A Junior Novel
- The Force Awakens, Part I
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens Beginner Game
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary
- Star Wars: Rey's Survival Guide
- LEGO Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens (Set: 75149 Resistance X-Wing Fighter)
- Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
- Star Wars: Poe Dameron: Flight Log
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas