Tuanulberries were a type of edible fruit that grew on bushes on the planet Jakku. The berries could also be used to produce dye. Prior to the scavenger Rey leaving Jakku in the year 34 ABY, the Crolute junk dealer Unkar Plutt ate a tuanulberry while speaking to her about a scrap heap he wanted hauling back to his base of operations at Niima Outpost, spraying a fleck of the berry onto her shoulder as he spoke. In 34 ABY, the explorer Lor San Tekka wore a dark blue linen tunic that had been dyed with Tuanulberries while he lived in the village of Tuanul on Jakku.
Behind the scenesEdit
Tuanulberries were first mentioned in Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary, a 2015 reference book written by Pablo Hidalgo. They then first appeared in the 2018 chapter book Forces of Destiny: The Rey Chronicles, written by Emma Carlson Berne.
- Forces of Destiny: The Rey Chronicles (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary (First mentioned)
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know, Updated and Expanded
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know, Updated and Expanded
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Forces of Destiny: The Rey Chronicles
- ↑ The "Rey and the Happabore" chapter of Forces of Destiny: The Rey Chronicles, in which the tuanulberry appears, depicts Rey working as a scavenger on Jakku, which she ceases to do during the events of Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens. Therefore the events of the "Rey and the Happabore" chapter must take place prior to this event in The Force Awakens, which Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates to 34 ABY.
- ↑ Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates the events of Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens, including Lor San Tekka wearing a tuanulberry dyed shirt, to 34 ABY.