- "This was the tomb of Tulak Hord, known as the greatest lightsaber duelist of the Sith Lords. His skill was considered remarkable even in his time, when many true lightsaber masters lived. […] Supposedly he created a holocron to teach his technique to other Sith. The holocron would have been laid to rest in his tomb. Unfortunately, Tulak Hord's tomb was among the first penetrated by the graverobbers of the new Sith order. If the holocron has survived, I doubt anyone living would know its location."
- ―Darth Traya
Tulak Hord's holocron was a Sith holocron that the Dark Lord of the Sith Tulak Hord created to pass on his technique of lightsaber combat. In 3956 BBY, during the Jedi Civil War, Revan and the crew of the Ebon Hawk infiltrated the Korriban Sith Academy. While Revan competed with the other students to gain prestige, a Sith acolyte named Lashowe recruited him to help recover Tulak Hord's holocron from the Sith Lord's tomb.
Revan and Lashowe fought and defeated a pack of Tuk'ata, and they pulled the holocron from the Tuk'ata queen's belly. Reports concerning the holocron's ultimate fate differ. Some say that Lashowe refused to share the prestige for finding the holocron and so fought Revan to the death—a confrontation which Lashowe did not survive. Others say that Revan refused to fight her for the holocron and Lashowe brought it to Uthar Wynn, the Master of the Academy.
Behind the scenesEdit
There is a discrepancy with the date of both when Hord ruled the Sith Empire and when lightsabers took preference among the Sith. Though it is said that he ruled between 6,900 BBY 5,100 BBY, Jedi vs. Sith: The Essential Guide to the Force states that in 5000 BBY Marka Ragnos passed away as the reigning Dark Lord. Naga Sadow then ruled as Dark Lord thereafter, and until his own demise. Furthermore, in Tales of the Jedi: The Golden Age of the Sith, both Naga Sadow and Ludo Kressh duel not with lightsabers (for the mantle of Dark Lord no less), but with ancient Sith swords. Other Sith Lords of the time were also known to possess alloyed swords. These timeline conflicts have yet to be resolved, although one possible explanation is that Ludo Kressh and Naga Sadow opted to use Sith warblades despite having access to lightsabers.
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords (Mentioned only)
- The New Essential Chronology
- Jedi vs. Sith: The Essential Guide to the Force
- Tales of the Jedi: The Golden Age of the Sith