48 standard hours
1,770 local days
Modern: None Historic:
Once belonging to the tiny empire of the Sharu, the planet teemed with thick-leafed vines and roamed by hard-shelled arthropods. The planet had a strong Force signature, and after the death of Adas and its liberation from the Infinite Empire, it attracted a ship (which possibly had a Rakatan hyperdrive) of a group of Sith priest heretic outcasts.
After the Dark Jedi conquered Sith space in 6900 BBY, Sith-human hybrids arrived and joined the Sith on the planet. After the near-eradication of the Sith in the Old Sith Wars, the planet became a haven for Kissai and Massassi refugees.
On Tund they established a society that would be known as the Sorcerers of Tund who were reticent in accepting others into their society, believing that only true Sith could grasp the truth about the Force. However, as these Kissai and Massassi were descended from outcasts much like themselves, the sorcerers welcomed them into their society.
Tund was also one of many planets colonized by the Toongs after neighboring Toong'L was devastated by a collision with two poisonous comets in 45 BBY. Although there was a low population count on Tund before the Toong colonies arose, the Sorcerers did not take warmly to the outsiders, with several colonies suffering great losses during the time of the Galactic Republic's collapse.
At some point after the formation of the Galactic Empire, an electromagnetic torpedo was unleashed on the world by Rokur Gepta, the last Sorcerer of Tund who wanted the dark side lore for himself. By 5 BBY the planet was a desolate wasteland full of deadly radiation, except in some places where the radiation was held in check by force fields. Even in these areas it would have taken billions of years for life to grow again.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Darth Plagueis (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace junior novel (Mentioned only)
- Lando Calrissian and the Starcave of ThonBoka (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Rebellion
- Star Wars Gamemaster Screen, Revised
- Star Wars: Rebellion: Prima's Official Strategy Guide
- Ultimate Alien Anthology
- "Unseen Planets of Episode I"—Star Wars Insider 56
- Roleplaying Game Core Rulebook
- Knights of the Old Republic Campaign Guide
- The Essential Atlas
- The Jedi Path: A Manual for Students of the Force
- Book of Sith: Secrets from the Dark Side
- Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Core Rulebook