Tunisia was used in every Star Wars movie, except Episode V. The main locations are:
- Chott El Jerid - Exterior of the Lars' homestead.
- Djerba - Ben Kenobi's hut, Mos Eisley and the deleted scenes set in Anchorhead (Episode IV).
- Grand Dune - the Dune Sea where R2-D2 and C-3PO crash in Episode IV. Nefta was also in this area.
- Hôtel Sidi Driss - the interior of the Lars' homestead.
- Ksar Hadada, Ksar Medenine and Ksar Oueld Soltane - the Slave Quarters Row.
- Oung Jmel - a rock seen in Episode I and Episode II, especially for Mos Espa.
- Sidi Bouhlel - the canyon where Luke meets Ben in Episode IV.
Some Star Wars universe names were inspired by Berber or Arabic names, such as:
- Star Wars Trip To Tatooine by Mark Dermul
- Sompeetalay in Tunesia by Sompeetalay
- Bart & Andrea's Tatooine trip report
- Real Tales from Mos Eisley Cantina by Jeremy Beckett
- The road to Star Wars (.doc file) from Steinninn.is
- Stars of the Desert - A journey across the dunes of Tunisia to discover lost "Tatooine" by Brady Walters
- Tunisia on Wikipedia