Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Tunisia was used in the first six Star Wars movies bar Episode V. The main locations are:
- Chott El Jerid - Exterior of the Lars' homestead.
- Djerba - Ben Kenobi's hut, Mos Eisley and the deleted scenes set in Anchorhead (Episode IV).
- Grand Dune - the Dune Sea where R2-D2 and C-3PO crash in Episode IV. Nefta was also in this area.
- Hôtel Sidi Driss - the interior of the Lars' homestead.
- Ksar Hadada, Ksar Medenine and Ksar Oueld Soltane - the Slave Quarters Row.
- Oung Jmel - a rock seen in Episode I and Episode II, especially for Mos Espa.
- Sidi Bouhlel - the canyon where Luke meets Ben in Episode IV.
Some Star Wars universe names were inspired by Berber or Arabic names, such as:
- Star Wars Trip To Tatooine by Mark Dermul
- Sompeetalay in Tunesia by Sompeetalay
- Bart & Andrea's Tatooine trip report
- Real Tales from Mos Eisley Cantina by Jeremy Beckett
- The road to Star Wars (.doc file) from Steinninn.is
- Stars of the Desert - A journey across the dunes of Tunisia to discover lost "Tatooine" by Brady Walters
- Tunisia on Wikipedia