- "These elevators will take us beneath the surface of the planet below."
- ―Major Rigosso
Turbolifts, also called elevators or simply lifts, were machines used for conveying people and objects to different levels in a building, starship, space station, or even tiered city. Said machine travelled in a shaft that extended vertically, allowing them to move up and down. In the case of a building, a turbolift could be either internal or external to the structure. Toward the end of the Clone Wars, the elevators installed in the Separatist dreadnoughts were cable-borne and equipped with braking mechanisms.
On the planet Coruscant, turbolifts could be used to travel between the many levels of the ecumenopolis. A Human girl named Anandra Milon and her younger brother Santigo Milon once used a turbolift to travel from Level 1997 to Level 1996, as did a stormtrooper who pursued them. For transit to and from Quarzite, the Belugan homeworld, an immense turbolift sped travellers to an orbital space station.
- Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace
- Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Hidden Enemy"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Cloak of Darkness"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Bounty"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "To Catch a Jedi"
- Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith
- Adventures in Wild Space: The Snare
- Star Wars Rebels – "Rise of the Old Masters"
- Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Princess Leia, Part III
- Star Wars: Darth Vader 1: Vader (Appears in flashback(s))
- Star Wars: Darth Vader 5: Vader, Part V
- "One Thousand Levels Down"—Star Wars Insider 151
- Battlefront: Twilight Company
- Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back
- Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi