Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- "Koroght gaghgt Takt."
- ―Sidrona Diath, speaking in Tusken
Tusken was the language spoken by the Sand People of Tatooine. It was considered very primitive; to the untrained ear, it sounded like shrieking and hollering. It also included many grunts, growls and honking noises used as punctuations. However, it was really a complex language, and people from other species found it very difficult to learn. Properly speaking in Tusken required a good amount of phlegm. Protocol droids could be properly equipped with a Tusken language pack for fluency.
Tusken language had no written form, relying instead only in oral tradition. The language consisted mostly of consonants.
Known vocabulary or sentencesEdit
- Aargh. - Greetings.
- Arg yowr rakak quaraka. - That time calculator belonged to my mother.
- B'Thazoshe – Bantha horn turned to stone.
- C'rell'akt – Woman of Corellia.
- Eyaak urk urk. – I mean you no harm.
- Eyak ur urah gu. – Please leave my clothes.
- Gafsa – Waking place.
- Hu raka. – I surrender.
- Iurak ip ip hurak? – Where is the nearest settlement?
- Koroght gaghgt Takt – Blessed be your going out from us.
- Kterskt – Danger.
- Orukak! – Hands up!
- Orukak argg yurag? – Care for a drink?
- Oru uru kak. – Drop your weapon.
- Prodorissac – Betrayer.
- Ru rah ru rah. – I come in peace.
- Skaterkst – Bad.
- Tuyiskt sisktn – Hunting grounds.
- Uli-ah – Child.
- Urrak! – Don't move!
- Urrr urah urah urah? - Where is the nearest water?
- Urtah – Carrying pack.
- Urtya – Light tent.
Notable non-native speakers of TuskenEdit
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
- Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace
- Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace game
- LEGO Star Wars: The Video Game (Non-canonical appearance)
- LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga (Non-canonical appearance)
- Star Wars 7: Outlander, Part 1
- Star Wars 10: Outlander, Part 4
- Star Wars 11: Outlander, Part 5
- Star Wars 12: Outlander, Part 6
- Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones
- Star Wars: Clone Wars Adventures (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Kenobi
- Underworld: The Yavin Vassilika
- Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope (First appearance)
- Drawing the Maps of Peace: The Moisture Farmer's Tale
- Star Wars 1
- Star Wars Droids 6: Star Wars According to the Droids, Book I
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided
- LEGO Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy (Non-canonical appearance)
- Star Wars: Battlefront
- Star Wars: Battlefront II
- Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds
- "Pearls in the Sand"—Star Wars Insider 74
- Star Wars: Jedi Knight: Mysteries of the Sith
- Star Wars: Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy
- Junior Jedi Knights: Promises
- Junior Jedi Knights: Anakin's Quest (Vision to Tahiri Veila)
- The Star Wars Sourcebook
- Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game, Second Edition
- Star Wars Sourcebook, Second Edition
- Secrets of Tatooine
- Rebellion Era Sourcebook
- Galactic Phrase Book & Travel Guide
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 3 (TAT1, Tatooine)
- Ultimate Alien Anthology
- Knights of the Old Republic Campaign Guide
- Legacy Era Campaign Guide
- Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Core Rulebook
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Ultimate Alien Anthology
- ↑ 2.00 2.01 2.02 2.03 2.04 2.05 2.06 2.07 2.08 2.09 2.10 2.11 2.12 Galactic Phrase Book & Travel Guide
- ↑ Star Wars: Clone Wars Adventures
- ↑ Inside the Worlds of Star Wars: Attack of the Clones
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 5.3 5.4 Star Wars: Republic: Outlander
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 Star Wars: Attack of the Clones The Visual Dictionary
- ↑ Secrets of Tatooine
- ↑ Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic