Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- "We always know when the Tusken Raiders are on a killing spree. We can hear their rifles cracking across the desert like lightning strikes."
- ―Huff Darklighter
The Tusken Cycler was the standard projectile weapon used by the Tusken Raiders of Tatooine in ranged combat. The cycler was an older design of rifle and fit into the slugthrower class, firing solid shots enveloped in energy, not blaster bolts. The weapon emitted a unique sound when fired, rather like a cross between a blaster and a musket.
The Tusken Raiders generally modified their rifles, as the basic variant lacked the targeting tools necessary to make the rifle an effective sniping weapon. The weapons were normally modified with improved firing chambers for larger and more powerful slugs or the addition of scopes for better sniping. The rifles were similar to the Czerka produced 6-2Aug2 hunting rifle so it is possible that the raiders stole shipments of these weapons and modified them for their own use. The raiders liked nothing better than camping out near the Boonta Eve Classic Podrace track during a race and taking pot shots at the pods as they zoomed past. The number of racers lost in this way was a testament to Tusken accuracy.
Due to the length of the barrel, the Cycler had better accuracy than more contemporary blaster designs, with the very best models being able to hit human-sized targets from distances up to 200-1000 meters. The rate of fire was fairly slow, as many of the rifles used a bolt action mechanism. As a result, Tusken Cyclers were not used at short ranges where a fast rate of fire was necessary. Rather, they were used to pick off enemies at long range. The Raiders retained the gaffi stick for dealing with enemies in close combat.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Episode I: Anakin Skywalker
- Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace
- Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace comic
- Star Wars 7: Outlander, Part 1
- Star Wars 9: Outlander, Part 3
- Star Wars 10: Outlander, Part 4
- Star Wars 11: Outlander, Part 5
- Star Wars 12: Outlander, Part 6
- Star Wars: Empire at War
- Star Wars: Empire at War: Forces of Corruption
- Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope novel (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope
- Star Wars 1
- Rebel Force: Renegade
- "Pearls in the Sand"—Star Wars Insider 74
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided
- Star Wars: Battlefront II
- Children of the Jedi
- Star Wars: Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy
- LEGO Star Wars: The Video Game
- LEGO Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy
- LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga
- Star Wars: The Force Unleashed video game — Ultimate Sith Edition
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided Quick Reference Guide
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 83 (TUS3-4, Tusken Weaponry)
- Star Wars Galaxies: The Complete Guide: Prima Official Game Guide
- Star Wars Galaxies Trading Card Game – Squadrons Over Corellia (Card: Elite Tusken Rifle)
- Star Wars Galaxies Trading Card Game – The Shadow Syndicate (Card: Tusken Cycler Rifle)