The Twi'lek Ark was a golden artifact from the planet Ryloth. Throughout history, it changed hands several times. In 22 BBY, during the Clone Wars, it was seized by Emir Wat Tambor of the Confederacy of Independent Systems. It later fell into the hands of the Galactic Empire and, in 3 BBY, was placed aboard a container transport that blew up in space. Having survived the transport's destruction, the Ark later wound up in the private collection of the pirate queen Maz Kanata on Takodana.
The Twi'lek Ark was a rectangular box plated with gold. On the bottom of the box, four rings were attached, through which two poles were put. People would carry the ark using those poles. Attached to the lid were two sculptures of kneeling Twi'leks facing one another, with their arms and lekku extended.
- "I will have every valuable on this rock before I leave."
- ―Wat Tambor
In 22 BBY, the first year of the Clone Wars, a small army of the Confederacy of Independent Systems commanded by Wat Tambor took control of Ryloth, homeworld to both the Twi'lek species. Taking up residence in the capital city of Lessu, Tambor took the title of Emir and started hoarding valuables, including the Twi'lek Ark. However, the planet's freedom fighters allied with the Galactic Republic against Tambor, who begrudgingly ordered his tactical droid TA-175 to prepare his shuttle for evacuation. Aboard said shuttle, the Emir hoarded all the treasures he had plundered from Ryloth. Ultimately, the Ark took off with the shuttle when TA-175 decided to leave without the Emir.
Age of the EmpireEdit
Eventually, the Galactic Republic won the Clone Wars, and its leader Sheev Palpatine proclaimed its transformation into the Galactic Empire. By 3 BBY, the Empire possessed the Twi'lek Ark. At one point that year, the artifact was placed aboard the class four container transport 241, which ended up being destroyed in space by the Spectres, an anti-Empire Rebel cell. The remnants of the transport were then salvaged and looted by the Rebels.
Behind the scenesEdit
The Twi'lek Ark first appeared in Liberty on Ryloth, the twenty-first episode of season one of the Star Wars: The Clone Wars. The ark was included as a reference to the Ark of the Covenant, as it appeared the first Indiana Jones film: Raiders of the Lost Ark. In the film, Indiana Jones and other characters hunt for the missing artifact. Star Wars creator George Lucas also produced the Indiana Jones franchise, so the Twi'lek Ark was added as a reference.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Liberty on Ryloth" (First appearance)
- Star Wars Rebels – "The Wynkahthu Job"
- Star Wars: Forces of Destiny: Volume 3
- (First identified as Twi'lek Ark)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Liberty on Ryloth"
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Star Wars: Forces of Destiny: Volume 3
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Star Wars Rebels – "The Wynkahthu Job"
- ↑ Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith
- ↑ The events of "The Forgotten Droid" take place after "A Princess on Lothal," which is the first known episode to take place in the third year before the Battle of Yavin. As such, we can deduce that this event takes place in the third year before the Battle of Yavin. For more information, see Wookieepedia's Timeline of Star Wars Rebels Events.
- ↑ Dawn of Rebellion
- ↑ "Ask Lobot"—Star Wars Insider 111