Twi'leki, also known as Ryl, was a language spoken by Twi'leks from Ryloth. It combined verbal sounds and an elaborate sign language using the Twi'lek's head-tails, called lekku. That sign language allowed the Twi'leks to communicate complete concepts without having to pronounce a single word. Raising the tip of one's right lek meant "Hello!", while dipping the tip of one's left lek meant "Goodbye!" By crossing over both lekku tips twice, a Twi'lek meant to say "I love you." Both lekku tips jabbed into the speaker's back were to be understood as "May spice salt your wounds!"
- Nerra - brother
- Chini, wachamio! - Come, let's go!
- Nu nala quinjon wilo? - Do you know where the prisoners are?
Notable Non-native Speakers of Twi'lekiEdit
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Innocents of Ryloth" (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Liberty on Ryloth"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Sphere of Influence"
- Lords of the Sith (First identified as Ryl)
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- Star Wars: Aliens of the Galaxy (Indirect mention only)