The Tyrant was an Imperial-class Star Destroyer belonging to the starfleet of the Galactic Empire. It was part of Darth Vader's Death Squadron, and, in that capacity, it took part in the Battle of Hoth against the Rebel Alliance. During the battle, the Tyrant tried to intercept the first Rebel transports to flee from Hoth. However, the Star Destroyer's electronics and computer systems were disabled by several shots from the Rebel's v-150 ion cannon, commanded by Toryn Farr. While the Tyrant was left to float helplessly through the Hoth system, several more Rebel transports managed to fall through the cracks.
- Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back (First appearance)
- The Empire Strikes Back: So You Want to Be a Jedi?
- Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back junior novelization
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 Star Wars Rebels: Head to Head
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 2.7 2.8 Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back
- ↑ Star Wars Super Graphic: A Visual Guide to a Galaxy Far, Far Away
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 5.3 5.4 Star Wars: Card Trader
- ↑ Shattered Empire, Part III
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know