Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Ugnaughts were porcine humanoids native to the planet of Gentes, in the Outer Rim Territories. with slightly upturned noses. Compared to baseline humans, their height would be considered short or dwarfed.
Biology and appearanceEdit
Ugnaughts were diminutive, porcine humanoids who had pink skin, upturned noses, white hair, and thick layers of jowls. Some had tusks that they used in blood duels. They were strong and resilient, and their life-spans reached up to 200 standard years. They notably ate genteslugs.
Society and cultureEdit
Ugnaughts evolved on Gentes, a planet located in the Anoat system of the Outer Rim Territories. However, throughout history, many were sold into slavery and taken to new worlds to work as indentured servants.
When the Corellian eccentric Lord Ecclessis Figg decided to build Cloud City, a floating tibanna gas mine colony high in the atmosphere of Bespin, he brought in three Ugnaught clans to help him. In exchange for their help, the pig-like aliens were warded the freedom of the city. The freed slaves built a floating colony of their own, the Ugnaught Surface, with the city of Ugnorgrad as its capital.
By the time of the Galactic Empire's blockade of the Anoat sector, few Ugnaught clans remained on Gentes, and slavers still raided their homes. Out of desperation, the porcine beings were forced to hide in the swamps and send out a distress signal, offering supplies to whoever would rescue them.
Many Ugnaughts found work across the galaxy everywhere from the Coruscant to Lothal. One notable Ugnaught scholar and antiquities expert was Korin Pers, who managed to become a respected sava at the University of Bar'leth, in the Core Worlds.
During the Galactic Civil War, a large group of Ugnaughts still worked on Cloud City. Some of them attempted to melt down the dismembered remains of the protocol droid C-3PO, but were interrupted by the Wookiee Chewbacca. Other Ugnaughts worked in the carbon-freezing chamber where Darth Vader ordered Han Solo be frozen.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars The Complete Season Three
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- The Art of Star Wars: Uprising
- Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas
Notes and referenceEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- ↑ Star Wars: Uprising
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Star Wars Rebels: Steps Into Shadow
- ↑ Star Wars: Uprising—Crew Run: "King Ozz of the Ugnaughts"
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 Lando, Part I
- ↑ Star Wars: Uprising—Crew Run: "Cultured"
- ↑ Star Wars: Uprising—Crew Run: "Supplying the Oppressed"