Ugnaught was the native language of the Ugnaught species from Gentes. It was mainly composed of grunts, squeals and chatters. It was considered a difficult language to learn, requiring as much time and effort as Cheunh.
Few Ugnaughts learned Basic, because they were not fond of prolonged contact with Humans or other species. Those who do, however, were quickly fluent in both Ugnaught language and Basic, being literate in both languages.
- Star Wars: The Old Republic
- Star Wars: General Grievous
- Star Wars 57: Hello, Bespin, Good-bye! (First appearance)
- Young Jedi Knights: Trouble on Cloud City
- Galaxy Guide 2: Yavin and Bespin, Second Edition
- Alien Anthology
- Ultimate Alien Anthology
- Geonosis and the Outer Rim Worlds