- "Many humans will try an' tell ye there ain't no such thing as the surface o' Bespin, an' technically they be right -- that's why Boss Ugnor decided the planet needed one. Usin' leftover materials from the construction project floatin' overhead, materials given freely by a grateful Baron Figg, Boss Ugnor led thousands of Ugnaughts in a second massive construction project. An' as ye can see, the Surface has evolved o'er time, just as any landscape would."
- ―Ars Fivvle
The Ugnaught Surface measured a square kilometer in surface area and contained artificial swamps, marshes, and jungles that were reminiscent of Gentes.
Located in the middle of the largest of the four sections that made up the Surface, the city of Ugnorgrad dominated the landscape. This main section was connected to the other three by tunnel-like transport tubes.
The Surface remained stable and floating thanks to a big set of tibanna gas-filled bladders, and its bowl-shaped structure allowed condensing moisture to be collected from Bespin's atmosphere, which could then be used to feed the artificial landscapes.
The city was originally the vision of Boss Ugnor, a popular Ugnaught leader that had helped Ecclessis Figg build Cloud City. Using donated left-over materials from the construction of Ecclessis Figg's city, the Surface was used as a base, where Ugnaughts could mine the ores and minerals used to construct the Cloud City facility. Later on, it became somewhat of a refuge for Ugnaughts that did not wish to live on Cloud City nor return to their homeworld of Gentes.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Star Wars 56: Coffin in the Clouds (First mentioned)
- Star Wars 57: Hello, Bespin, Good-bye! (First appearance)
- Geonosis and the Outer Rim Worlds
- (First identified as Ugnaught Surface)
- Star Wars: The Official Starships & Vehicles Collection 24
- Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Core Rulebook