- "This ship is packing more armament than the Imperials suspect."
- ―Crys Taanzer
The Uhumele was a L4000 transport captained by the smuggler Schurk-Heren. After a failed hijacking attempt by Dass Jennir and Bomo Greenbark, Schurk-Heren took the two on as passengers, following their escape from the Battle of Half-Axe Pass.
The Uhumele found the famed Jebble Box after a war was fought over it. Heren sought to sell it to Haka Hai. But during a stop off on New Plympto, the ship decided to help fugitives Bomo Greenbark and Dass Jennir search for the former's family. However, they ended up in a dead end as Bomo's wife was killed and his daughter was eaten. Jennir killed the slave master and the girl's eater, infuriating Greenbark to revealing that he was a Jedi. After Jennir disappeared and Bomo integrated with them, the crew then returned to their original objective. But as a safe measure, Heren placed the Box in a crate in the rings of an ice giant.
On Mimban, Heren's fears turned out to be true, as Hai tried to steal the crate without paying. After a three-way battle between the crew, Hai and his right-hand Lumbra, the crew was imprisoned to determine the real crate's location. Bomo, using his wits, killed Hai and his thugs and they departed the planet.
Three weeks later, in the Expansion Region, the Uhumele retrieved the crate. Heren, more determined to get rid of it, planned to sell it to Fane Peturri, a well-known historian, who had no underworld connections. But he was an agent of the Empire, who learned from Janks about the crate. When they arrived with the crate, Peturri was waiting with Darth Vader and stormtroopers from the 501st Legion. The Uhumele then promptly escaped, evading a force of two Venator-class Star Destroyers and fighters pursuing it.
- Janks – Phindian engineer's assistant †
- Meekerdin-maa – Tintinna engineer
- Mezgraf – Togorian crewmember
- Schurk-Heren – Yarkora captain
- Lynaliskar K'ra Snyffulnimatta – Elomin navigator †
- Crys Taanzer – Human pilot †
- Ko Vakier – Blood Carver crewmember
- Bomo Greenbark – Nosaurian crewmember
- Dass Jennir – Human Jedi passenger
- Beyghor Sahdett – Verpine Jedi passenger
- Ember Chankeli – Human passenger
- Star Wars: Dark Times: The Path to Nowhere (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Dark Times: Parallels
- Star Wars: Dark Times: Vector
- Star Wars: Dark Times: Blue Harvest, Part 1 (Appears in flashback(s))
- Star Wars: Dark Times 13: Blue Harvest, Part 1 (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Dark Times 14: Blue Harvest, Part 2 (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Dark Times 15: Blue Harvest, Part 3
- Star Wars: Dark Times 16: Blue Harvest, Part 4
- Star Wars: Dark Times 17: Blue Harvest, Part 5
- Star Wars: Dark Times 18: Out of the Wilderness, Part 1