Ultimate Star Wars is a reference book written by Ryder Windham, Tricia Barr, Adam Bray, and Daniel Wallace, including a foreword by actor Anthony Daniels. It was released by Dorling Kindersley on April 28, 2015. On September 1, 2015, a special edition with frame images, props, and behind-the-scenes shots of the cast and crew of Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens, as well as two behind-the-scenes prints, was released.
Ultimate Star Wars® is an in-depth visual feast exploring the characters and storylines from the Star Wars galaxy. This is a beautifully illustrated guide that is structured chronologically and packed full of information about key characters and storylines from the Star Wars movie saga, The Clone Wars, and Rebels. The perfect primer before Episode VII is released, Ultimate Star Wars will get old and new fans caught up and knowledgeable on all things Star Wars.
Your ultimate guide to the Star Wars™ universe
Open this ultimate visual feast and explore the iconic characters and storylines from the Star Wars galaxy. Beautifully illustrated, Ultimate Star Wars is packed with information about every single character from Mace Windu to Darth Maul through detailed analyses of their stories throughout the saga.
Explore the Star Wars universe in chronological order to follow the whole story or dive in and out to relive your favourite moments, key battles and iconic characters. A must-have for Star Wars fans, Ultimate Star Wars will enhance your knowledge of the characters and storylines before the release of Star Wars: The Force Awakens. Including characters from the Star Wars movie saga, Star Wars Rebels and the Clone Wars, this is the only guide that explores the entire Star Wars universe in such detail.
Includes concept art, wire frame images, props and behind-the-scenes shots of cast and crew from Star Wars: The Force Awakens, plus two beautiful behind-the-scenes prints.
- ISBN 1465436014; Dorling Kindersley, April 28, 2015, 320-page hardcover
- ISBN 0241007909; Dorling Kindersley, September 1, 2015, 320-page hardcover special edition
|Organizations and titles||Sentient species||Vehicles and vessels||Weapons and technology||Miscellanea|
- Even Piell's species and homeworld are likely errors, given as Zabrak and Nar Shaddaa respectively (p. 58), repeating what appears in the adjacent entry for Eeth Koth.
- Slave I is incorrectly referred to as Clone 1 on two occasions.
- TIE/ln space superiority starfighters built on Lothal are incorrectly said to be different from regular models due to shorter wings (p. 294).
- Wedge Antilles is incorrectly credited with stealing the Lambda-class T-4a shuttle Tydirium (p. 298).
- Dathomir and the whole Quelli sector are placed in the Mid Rim instead of the Outer Rim Territories.
Notes and referencesEdit
- Ultimate Star Wars at DK.com
- Ultimate Star Wars special edition at DK UK
- DK, Summer 2015 (PDF). Penguin Group USA.