The Umbaran Militia was the defense force of the planet Umbara. Largely isolated from the rest of the galaxy, the Umbarans developed advanced and formidable technology for their soldiers, which they unleashed on the Grand Army of the Republic at the Battle of Umbara during the Clone Wars.
The Militia wore helmets that pumped gas that increased their reflexes and aggression in battle. They wielded Umbaran blaster rifles, planted mines and deployed millicreep droids to electrocute enemy soldiers.
- Impeding Assault Tank
- Umbaran mobile heavy cannon
- Umbaran hover tank
- Umbaran starfighter
- Umbaran support ship
Umbaran vehicles utilized touch-sensitive holographic controls.
Behind the scenesEdit
The Battle of Umbara gave the crew of The Clone Wars a chance to create a new unique military force. Kilian Plunkett described Umbara as a "video game planet", and said their military gave them opportunities for ideas that would not usually fit in the show's Republic or Separatist aesthetics. Dave Filoni, who described the Umbaran aesthetic as "PVC plastic", said it would lended a very alien quality that would help distinguish them from the clone troopers.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Darkness on Umbara" (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The General"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Plan of Dissent"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Carnage of Krell"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars: The Complete Season Four - Darkened World of Umbara
- (First identified as Umbaran Militia)