Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Unagin was a trade planet that was located in the Al'Nasrl sector of the Outer Rim Territories. As the planet was situated near Hutt Space, starships entering or leaving the region used Unagin as a stopover point.
Unagin was a minor trade planet that was located within the Unagin system of the Al'Nasrl sector, considered part of the galaxy's Outer Rim Territories region. The planet lay on the hyperlane called the Hollastin Run, which connected it to the worlds of Tsyk and Syvris. A smaller hyperspace route also connected Unagin to the planet Riileb.
Behind the scenesEdit
Unagin was first mentioned in The Essential Atlas, a 2009 reference book co-authored by Jason Fry and Daniel Wallace, which placed the planet in the Al'Nasrl sector, in grid square T-13. The planet was set to appear in The Big Switch, a young-readers book written by Ryder Windham. However, that book was postponed and eventually canceled.
The Big SwitchEdit
At some point between the years 2 BBY and 0 BBY, the Aleena art dealer Itto Bipsmik lived with her two children in a small spaceport settlement that was located near a wooded area in Unagin's southern hemisphere. During that time, she sold the Hutt crime lord Jabba Desilijic Tiure a portrait bust of Jabba's ancestor Bogga, which she kept in a storage shelter near the compound's landing site, and Jabba hired the Human smuggler Han Solo and his Wookiee co-pilot, Chewbacca, to retrieve the sculpture on Unagin, where Bipsmik resided, and bring it to the planet Tatooine.
Arriving on Unagin in their freighter, the Millennium Falcon, the duo met Bipsmik at the edge of the settlement, in a large compound of structures bordered by a duracrete wall; however, their meeting was interrupted by the arrival of Imperial Customs Captain Rench. The Imperial captain ordered the stormtroopers accompanying him to destroy the bust and subsequently left Unagin. Luckily for Solo, Bipsmik had made a perfect replica of the sculpture that she stored in her garage. Solo intended to deliver the replica to Jabba, hoping that the Hutt would not notice the difference. After discovering a transmitter that Rench had planted aboard the Millennium Falcon and evading the captain's light corvette in Unagin's orbit, the smuggling duo left the planet for Tatooine.
- The Big Switch (Cut content)
- The Essential Atlas (First mentioned)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 Unagin system — Based on corresponding data for
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 The Essential Atlas
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 van der Heijden, Eddie (2015-04-22). Star Wars Adventures in Hyperspace Book 3 The Big Switch. The Star Wars Expanded Universe Timeline. starwarstimeline.com. Archived from the original on March 6, 2016. Retrieved on September 1, 2015.
- ↑ Scholastic Paperback Books Fall 2010 (PDF). Scholastic Canada. Scholastic Canada Ltd (Fall 2010). Archived from the original on March 6, 2016. Retrieved on September 1, 2015.
- ↑ According to The New Essential Chronology, Han Solo acquired the Millennium Falcon in the year 2 BBY, and left Jabba Desilijic Tiure's employ and became caught up with the Rebel Alliance in 0 BBY. Therefore, the events of The Big Switch must occur at some point between these two dates.