Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The InterGalactic Banking Clan operated a treasury space station located in the intergalactic void, halfway between the main galactic disk and the Rishi Maze satellite galaxy. Though primarily used as a storehouse and a communications relay, the space station was modified by the Banking Clan on the eve of the Clone Wars to function as a shipyard capable of manufacturing Munificent-class star frigates for the Confederacy of Independent Systems.
Located at a point in the intergalactic void halfway between the galaxy and the Rishi Maze, the treasury space station was owned and utilized by the InterGalactic Banking Clan. Like other Banking Clan installations found outside the main galactic disk, it contained meeting spaces and hidden vaults, and boasted communication equipment used by the Banking Clan to discretely transmit account information and other data without accessing the HoloNet. On the eve of the Clone Wars, the station, like other Banking Clan facilities, was refurbished to serve as a shipyard capable of producing Munificent-class star frigates.
The treasury station was one of many facilities located outside the galactic disk that was operated by the InterGalactic Banking Clan in the years leading up to the Clone Wars between the Galactic Republic and the Confederacy of Independent Systems. After joining the Confederacy prior to the outbreak of the war, the Banking Clan modified its extragalactic stations to function as shipyards, and these installations became homes to starship construction crews that produced Munificent-class frigates for the Confederate Navy. The amount of Munificent-class frigates constructed for the Separatist war effort at these refitted stations, when combined with the output of shipyards found on Banking Clan worlds, numbered in the tens of thousands. The frigate Tide of Progress XII, which participated in the Battle of Coruscant near the end of the Clone Wars, hailed from the extragalactic treasury station.
Behind the scenesEdit
- "I like the idea of Banking Clan space stations outside of the galactic disk, with secret vaults and shipyards. I bet the locations of some of them were lost after the Clone Wars, and they're still out there, waiting for someone to find them and stumble upon a wealth of credits and war materiel. That would make for a cool story, right?"
- ―Jason Fry, on the Banking Clan space station
The Banking Clan treasury space station was first mentioned in Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith Incredible Cross-Sections, a 2005 reference book written by Curtis Saxton that provided background information on many vehicles and vessels that appeared in Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith. The station was referenced in a caption identifying the Munificent-class frigate Tide of Progress XII, information that was later repeated in Star Wars: Complete Cross-Sections, published in 2007. A few years later, in 2012, the station was briefly alluded to in The Essential Guide to Warfare, which revealed the existence of other extragalactic Banking Clan installations that were converted for wartime purposes. In the endnotes for The Essential Guide to Warfare, author Jason Fry proposed that some of the Banking Clan's extragalactic facilities may have been forgotten following the end of the Clone Wars, their vaults still filled with credits and other supplies.
- Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith Incredible Cross-Sections (First mentioned)
- Star Wars: Complete Cross-Sections
- The Essential Guide to Warfare
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 The Essential Guide to Warfare
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 2.7 2.8 2.9 Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith Incredible Cross-Sections
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith Incredible Cross-Sections establishes that the Banking Clan space station was located "halfway between the galactic spiral and its nearest dwarf satellite galaxy." The Rishi Maze has been established as the nearest dwarf satellite galaxy in sources such as The Essential Atlas.
- ↑ Star Wars: Complete Cross-Sections
- ↑ Fry, Jason (2012-05-07). Jason Fry's Dorkery - EG to Warfare: Endnotes Pt. 6. Jason Fry's Dorkery. Tumblr. Retrieved on July 17, 2013.