- "It appears the Millennium Falcon… is being dismantled by native scavengers. They must call these trash fields home."
- ―C-3PO informs Han Solo of the scavenger's actions
A species of sentient beings with pink flesh and yellow eyes inhabited the junkyards of the moon Cymoon 1 in the Corellian Industrial Cluster. Members of the species had tentacles protruding from all parts of their body, some of which they used as limbs. A group of scavengers belonging to the species began dismantling the light freighter known as the Millennium Falcon while it was hidden in the junkyards near the Imperial Weapons Factory Alpha. The protocol droid C-3PO, who was inside the Falcon as it was being taken apart, attempted to initiate the starships autopilot feature in order to pick up a group of Rebels who had sabotaged the weapons factory. The droid discovered however that autopilot was not functional due to the scavengers work, and was ordered by the Falcon's owner, Han Solo to prevent the creatures from further dismantling the ship.
Behind the scenesEdit
- "I wanted to embrace the limitations of technology, make-up, and costuming from that era. No intricate over-the-top CGI or mo-cap. So when I design an alien figure, I keep in mind that it’s an actor wearing a rubber mask, prosthetics, or possibly a puppet. If they couldn’t do it then, I won’t do it now."
- ―John Cassaday describes his design process for the aliens
The species first appeared, but went unnamed, in Star Wars 1: Skywalker Strikes a comic book illustrated by John Cassaday and written by Jason Aaron. The comic book was released in 2015, and was the first comic published by Marvel Comics after they re-obtained the Star Wars license. Cassaday designed the species with the limitations on costume and makeup that existed during the filming of the Original trilogy in mind, wanting the aliens to look like they could be played by an actor in costume or a puppet, not using CGI.
- Star Wars 1: Skywalker Strikes (First appearance)
- Star Wars 2: Skywalker Strikes, Part II
- Star Wars 3: Skywalker Strikes, Part III