Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Gamma Base communications officer: "There's another one, sir. From the size and trajectory, it could be a small ship or probe"
- Gamma Base commander: "Hmm. Do we have anyone in that quadrant?"
- Gamma Base communications officer: "Rookie One's not far from there."
- Gamma Base commander: "Good. Then check it out. If it is a probe, I want it and any others destroyed before they detect us."
- ―The commander of Gamma Base and his communications officer[src]
Shortly before the Battle of Yavin, Imperial forces, under the command of Darth Vader, launched Viper probe droids to locate Rebels fleeing Tatooine following the destruction of Anchorhead Base. When his communications officer detected a probe droid on Hoth, the general dispatched Rookie One to investigate and destroy it. When Rookie One confirmed the presence of probe droids, the Rebels were forced to evacuate.
Behind the scenesEdit
The Gamma Base commander appeared in the 1993 LucasArts video game Star Wars: Rebel Assault by Vincent Lee. The game depicts a battle between Imperial and Rebel forces on Hoth, three years prior to the Battle of Hoth shown in Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back. When producing the cut-scenes for the game, the production staff used footage from The Empire Strikes Back, replacing the faces of General Carlist Rieekan and Lieutenant Romas Navander with those of the Gamma Base commander and the communications officer.
- Star Wars: Rebel Assault (First appearance)