- "I'm done asking nicely, maggot! Give me Vul Isen!"
"Jedi or not, I'll light your funeral pyre myself!"
- ―Cade Skywalker and the Sith Lord, as they duel
A Human male was a Sith Lord serving the One Sith and Darth Krayt's Galactic Empire in 138 ABY. After the Dark Lord of the Sith Darth Wyyrlok ordered the execution of the Final Protocol against the planet Dac—which was poisoned by Sith scientist Vul Isen—the Human Sith attempted to defend scientist Vul Isen's laboratory on the planet Daluuj when the former Jedi Cade Skywalker and his allies raided Isen's lair in an attempt to locate the "Butcher of Dac." The Sith Lord engaged Skywalker in a lightsaber duel on a bridge, with Skywalker gaining the upper hand and slicing off the man's legs. He was interrogated by Skywalker, who, after finding that the Human had no information as to Isen's whereabouts, left the man to die when the explosives set by Skywalker's allies in the laboratory detonated.
- "Tell you what—right now, my pyroman's inside setting this place to blow. You tell me where Isen is—where he keeps his toxins—and you get to live."
"The truth will do you no good. This was Isen's lab, but he is no longer here—nor has he left his secrets behind. Vul Isen's knowledge is the source of his power, and he does not believe in sharing his power. The secrets to the planet-destroying toxins are Isen's alone."
- ―Cade Skywalker and the Sith Lord
A Human male Sith Lord served the Dark Lord of the Sith Darth Krayt's One Sith Order and Galactic Empire, having killed numerous Jedi by the year 138 ABY. Earlier, in 137 ABY, the Sith Lord Darth Wyyrlok—who, as Krayt's Voice, commanded the Empire when Krayt was incapacitated—ordered the Final Protocol's execution, causing the extermination of the majority of the planet Dac's population. During these events, the Human Sith Lord was stationed on the Outer Rim planet Daluuj at the laboratory of the Givin scientist Vul Isen, who created the viral spores that poisoned Dac's waters.
Early in 138 ABY, the former Jedi Cade Skywalker and his allies assaulted Isen's laboratory, in search of the scientist who had been nicknamed the "Butcher of Dac." The Sith Lord attacked Skywalker and engaged him in a lightsaber duel on the bridge leading to the laboratory, throughout which he taunted and demeaned the former Jedi. However, Skywalker evaded an attack from the Sith and cut off his legs. The wounded Sith Lord was interrogated by Skywalker about Isen's whereabouts, with Skywalker promising that the man would live if he gave them Isen's location. The Sith told him that the laboratory Skywalker had raided was indeed Isen's, but that the Givin scientist had abandoned it long ago, taking all evidence with him. He also revealed that Isen did not share his knowledge with anyone.
When Skywalker instructed his crewmate Jariah Syn to detonate the explosives that he had set in the laboratory and began to flee with his former Jedi Master Wolf Sazen, the Human Sith cursed Skywalker for what he believed to be a breach of the Jedi's word. However, he was reminded by Skywalker that the condition for his life was only if the Sith told him of Isen's location, and the Sith perished in the explosion after the explosives detonated.
Personality and traitsEdit
- "Gaggalak mursto! You gave your word, Skywalker, that I would live!"
"If you told me where to find Isen. You didn't."
- ―The Sith Lord and Cade Skywalker
The individual was a Human male Sith Lord who had red and black tattoos that covered his body, and long, flowing black hair. He had a spike pierced through his left ear, and also had spike implants grafted on his skull. During combat, the Sith Lord used a lightsaber containing a red crystal. He spoke and comprehended both Galactic Basic Standard and Huttese, using the latter to call Skywalker a "worm-eating liar." During his battle with Skywalker, he made it a point to insult the former Jedi, and also pontificated that he had slain Jedi more powerful than Skywalker. After being defeated by Skywalker, the Sith Lord divulged all the information he knew about Isen. He also cursed Skywalker when the former Jedi decided to leave him to die.
Powers and abilitiesEdit
- "I have killed more powerful Jedi than you! You are nothing! You are dead!"
- ―The Sith Lord, to Cade Skywalker
Behind the scenesEdit
- "That Sith was human—with a lot of tats and some spike implants on his skull."
- ―Jan Duursema, answering a fan's question regarding the Sith Lord's species
The Human Sith Lord was created by John Ostrander, the writer of the Star Wars: Legacy comic series. He first appeared in the series' forty-eighth issue, which was also the first issue in the Extremes story arc. The cover for Extremes, Part 1 depicted the man wielding two lightsabers while combating Cade Skywalker. However, the story itself presented him using only one lightsaber. Jan Duursema, who penciled the Sith, later confirmed that he was a Human with spike implants grafted on his skull. Duursema later confirmed that all Sith who were tattooed in the Legacy comics held the title of Sith Lord and were Sith warriors in Darth Krayt's Empire.
- Star Wars: Legacy 48: Extremes, Part 1 (First appearance)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ Star Wars: Legacy: Extremes (TPB)
- ↑ 2.00 2.01 2.02 2.03 2.04 2.05 2.06 2.07 2.08 2.09 2.10 2.11 2.12 2.13 2.14 Star Wars: Legacy 48: Extremes, Part 1
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 Duursema, Jan (26 Jun 2012, 08:55). Question for John or Jan regarding Legacy #48. Dark Horse Message Boards. Retrieved on June 26, 2012.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 Duursema, Jan (04 Jul 2012, 06:12). Question for John or Jan regarding all of Legacy's Sith. Dark Horse Message Boards. Retrieved on July 9, 2012.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Although the comic book Star Wars: Legacy 49: Extremes, Part 2 states that its events take place in 137 ABY, the more recently released Star Wars: Legacy: Extremes trade paperback dates those events at 138 ABY.
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 Star Wars: Legacy 47: The Fate of Dac
- ↑ Star Wars: Legacy 34: Storms, Part 1