- "We've ordered a blockade, curfew, and started a search operation. It's only a matter of time before we find the Rebels."
- ―Unidentified Moradmin Bast look-alike to Darth Vader
A male Human served as an officer in the Imperial Military during the early stages Galactic Civil War. He greatly resembled another Imperial, the General Moradmin Bast, and held the same rankings as him. In the year 1 ABY, that Human male worked under the direct command of Darth Vader, the Galactic Emperor's right-hand man. At the time, that officer was responsible for a part of the hunt for rebels, which eventually led him to the homeworld of the Wookiees, the planet Kashyyyk—known to the Imperials as "Wookiee Planet C." The officer gave his men instructions for a planetary blockade and ordered to conduct a house-to-house search for the Rebels. He subsequently gave Vader a progress report, assuring him their targets would soon be captured.
Behind the scenesEdit
- "Still, the show has some interesting tidbits that are worth checking out. It’s got a few deleted scenes from A New Hope featuring a Moradmin Bast lookalike (perhaps even his clone), it showed Kashyyyk for the first time, Boba Fett made his debut in a cartoon, and it featured another cantina scene."
- ―Tim Veekhoven and Kevin Beentjes
Cut footage of Leslie Schofield as Chief Bast in A New Hope was reused for a scene in The Star Wars Holiday Special. Leland Chee has noted that Chief Bast would not have had time to escape the first Death Star before its destruction, meaning that the character in the Holiday Special is not Chief Bast. In The Star Wars Holiday Special Cantina: Who's Who, an article written for the official StarWars.com blog, authors Tim Veekhoven and Kevin Beentjes theorized that the Bast lookalike may in fact have been a clone of his.
- The Star Wars Holiday Special (First appearance)
- "The Empire's Finest: Who's Who in the Imperial Military"—Star Wars Insider 96
- "I Have a Bad Feeling About This!"—Star Wars Insider 106 (Indirect mention only)
- "The Death Star Coup"—Star Wars Insider Special Edition 2014 (Indirect mention only)