- RA-7 protocol droid: "My partner said we'd hit paydirt on this ship, if I played the servile protocol droid long enough."
- C-3PO: "Oh, my! You're a bounty hunter!!"
- RA-7 protocol droid: "I prefer to think of myself as an information specialist. And I've got a good feeling the Empire will pay big for the data you're carrying."
- ―The RA-7 protocol droid and C-3PO[src]
By the end of the Clone Wars, this RA-7 protocol droid had spent some time aboard Senator Bail Organa's personal vessel, the Sundered Heart. Following the advice of a partner, this information specialist acted as a servile protocol droid aboard the CR70 corvette in hopes of learning valuable information to sell.
When Organa entrusted R2-D2 and C-3PO to Captain Raymus Antilles, he ordered him to have the protocol droid's mind wiped. Walking them to the droid workshop of the Sundered Heart, Antilles charged the R2 unit with the task before returning to the bridge.
Lurking in a dark corner of the droid workshop, the RA-7 overheard the chatty 3PO unit bragging about top secret information stored in his memory banks. Seizing the opportunity, the RA-7 attacked the two droids. The RA-7 immobilized R2-D2 with an ion blaster and threatened C-3PO to remove his memory banks with a vibroblade. Realizing that the Galactic Empire could learn the locations of Luke and Leia, C-3PO willingly wiped his own memory, taking the RA-7 along with him. When C-3PO woke up from the memory wipe, R2-D2 had already awaken from the ion blast and had dissembled the RA-7 protocol droid.
Personality and traitsEdit
- "You just don't know when to keep quiet, do you, Goldie? Now hold still while I remove your sweet, bulging memory banks!"
- ―The RA-7 protocol droid, to C-3PO
This RA-7 protocol droid was able to keep a low profile, as it had spent some time undercover aboard the Sundered Heart, keeping his true nature a secret. As a result, it despised C-3PO for being overly chatty. It was greedy for credits, being qualified as a bounty hunter by C-3PO. The RA-7 could wield a ion blaster and a vibroblade, but was caught by surprise when C-3PO grabbed him and wiped both of their memories.