- "Kill yourself."
- ―Darth Krayt, to the Sith trooper
A Sith trooper was a member of the Sith Lord Darth Krayt's Sith trooper army in 138 ABY. Highly sensitive to the Force, the trooper was physically augmented and improved by Krayt for decades beneath the surface of the planet Korriban and forged into an unquestionably loyal servant. In 138 ABY, Krayt ordered the trooper to commit suicide as a demonstration of the army's loyalty to two of his Sith Lords. The trooper ignited a lightsaber and died after being impaled beneath the chin.
- "I began this project decades ago, culling those strongest in the Force shortly after their births… augmenting and improving them… forging them into my Sith troopers."
- ―Darth Krayt, speaking of his Sith trooper army
Decades before 138 ABY, a Force-sensitive individual was discovered by the Sith Lord Darth Krayt shortly after being born. Krayt gathered the individual and a number of other Force-sensitive infants and began to physically augment and improve them, forging them into extremely loyal and obedient Sith troopers deep beneath the surface of the planet Korriban. He kept the project secret from his One Sith Order, whose members he knew to harbor their own ambitions and desires.
By 138 ABY, the individual had become a Sith trooper in the Dark Lord's army. The trooper was in Korriban's catacombs, guarding the doors to a hangar full of Annihilator-class starfighters, as Krayt gave a tour of the project's facilities to Darth Nihl and Darth Talon, two of his most trusted Sith Lords. When Krayt ordered the trooper to commit suicide in a demonstration of the army's loyalty, the trooper immediately ignited a lightsaber and was impaled beneath the chin before falling over, dead.
Personality and traitsEdit
- "Their loyalty is unquestionable. […] Their obedience unquestioning."
- ―Darth Krayt, while using the trooper's suicide as an example of his army's loyalty
The Sith trooper was highly sensitive to the Force and was physically augmented and improved by Darth Krayt for decades. Possessed of unquestionable loyalty and unquestioning obedience, the trooper followed Krayt's order to commit suicide without hesitation.
Behind the scenesEdit
The Sith trooper appeared on a single page of the final issue of the comic series Star Wars: Legacy, which was written by John Ostrander, penciled by Jan Duursema, and released in August 2010. No species or sex was established for the character. The trooper's appearance and death marked the introduction of Darth Krayt's Sith trooper army, which has since gone on to fight at the Dark Lord's side in Legacy's followup miniseries, Star Wars: Legacy—War.
- Star Wars: Legacy 50: Extremes, Part 3 (First appearance)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Although the comic book Star Wars: Legacy 50: Extremes, Part 3 indicates that its events take place in 137 ABY, the more recently released Star Wars: Legacy: Extremes trade paperback dates them at 138 ABY.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 2.7 2.8 Star Wars: Legacy 50: Extremes, Part 3
- ↑ Star Wars: Legacy 49: Extremes, Part 2
- ↑ Star Wars: Legacy—War 1