|Unidentified Tatooine astromech droid|
| Technical specifications
|Chronological and political information|
- "You must be the droid we were sent for."
- ―Jaden Korr, upon finding the R5
An Industrial Automaton-made R5-series astromech droid was owned by a Human moisture farmer who lived on the desert planet Tatooine in 14 ABY. The astromech droid had white plating with red trim and stood one meter tall. The farmer ordered the droid to record a conversation about the Disciples of Ragnos—a cult that was trying to revive the dead Sith Lord Marka Ragnos—that he overheard in a local cantina. When he became fearful of reprisals from the cult, he sold the R-series droid to a band of Jawas. When the New Jedi Order found out about the droid, the Human Jedi Padawan Jaden Korr went to get the droid from the Jawas. The Jedi had to fight his way through Tusken Raiders that had attacked the Jawas, but eventually he located the R5 unit and impounded it without paying the Jawas. The information obtained from the droid helped Korr and the Jedi Order stop the cult from reviving the dead Sith Lord.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Star Wars: Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy (First appearance)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 1.8 1.9 Star Wars: Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 The New Essential Guide to Droids establishes that the R5-series astromech droids were made by Industrial Automaton and were a "meter-high stack."
- ↑ According to Star Wars: Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy, the events in the game take place ten years after the Battle of Endor, which according to the The Essential Reader's Companion is placed in 4 ABY.
- ↑ Butts, Steve (2003-09-16). Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy Review 3. IGN.com. Retrieved on May 4, 2015.