|Chronological and political information|
- "Get her!"
- ―The Utai, on Aurra Sing
In 19 BBY, a male Utai was a patron of the Qarek'k, a bar complex located on the planet of Coruscant. The Utai, a Zabrak, and a Shistavanen were drinking together there when the bounty hunter Aurra Sing entered. The trio tried to get her to consort with them, but she refused and eventually killed the Shistavanen and Utai, slicing the latter in half with her lightsaber.
- "You're a real hard case."
"Funny, that's what the pubtender said. Maybe I need to change my hairstyle."
- ―The Utai and Aurra Sing
Soon after the Galactic Empire was founded in 19 BBY, a male Utai was present on the planet of Coruscant. He was drinking heavily alongside two companions—a Zabrak and a Shistavanen—in Section 7-B of a bar complex called the Qarek'k when a bounty hunter named Aurra Sing entered the establishment. The trio decided to proposition the woman, so they cornered her and the Zabrak tried to convince her to consort with them. After Sing cleaved the Zabrak's arm off with her lightsaber, the Utai jumped to his companion's aid with a vibroblade. He was quickly killed by Sing, who vertically bisected him, alongside the Shistavanen.
Personality and traitsEdit
- "Maybe you should be more polite."
"That's right. Be a shame to see a pretty snowflake like you get hurt when all we want is some nice."
- ―The Utai and his Zabrak companion, to Aurra Sing
The Utai was large and stocky for his species. When drunk, he had no qualms about trying to solicit Sing with his companions even though she was of a different species. When the Zabrak was injured, the Utai immediately came to to his companion's defense with a lethal weapon.
Behind the scenesEdit
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 Coruscant Nights II: Street of Shadows
- ↑ The New Essential Chronology states that the Empire was founded in 19 BBY. Per the prologue of Streets of Shadows, the book takes place the same year and the Empire has already risen. Furthermore, it takes place not long after the first Coruscant Nights novel, which is set directly afterward.