- ―Chewbacca, spotting the planet from the cockpit of the Millennium Falcon
There existed a green planet in the vicinity of the desert world Tatooine, in the Outer Rim Territories of the galaxy. At some point during the Galactic Civil War, the heroes of the Rebel Alliance Han Solo and Chewbacca were ambushed by the enemy Galactic Empire on that planet. Although outnumbered, the Rebels were saved at the eleventh hour by a contingent of Wookiee warriors who had made their home on the planet.
A green terrestrial planet was located somewhere in the vicinity of Tatooine, in the Outer Rim Territories of the galaxy. Its surface was at least partly covered with forests and mountains. Between the wooded areas, there existed clearings wide enough for a medium-sized starship to land with ease. Humans and Wookiees could breath the planet's atmosphere unassisted, which hinted at a mixture of oxygen, nitrogen and other gases. There were two celestial bodies visible from the planet's surface in full daylight.
- "I think we're safe for now. There's no one around for miles."
- ―Han Solo
At some point during the Galactic Civil War that opposed the Rebel Alliance and the Galactic Empire, the green planet was the stage of a minor attack that involved the Rebel heroes Han Solo and Chewbacca. The two were forced to make a rough landing there with their starship, the Millennium Falcon, while trying to escape Imperial troops who had discovered their presence in Mos Eisley, Tatooine. While the planet appeared to be uninhabited, Solo soon realized there was Imperial presence when a group of Stormtroopers and Imperial officers came out of the wood and ambushed the Falcon. However, the planet was also home to a population of Wookiees. Chewbacca, as a member of their species, successfully sneaked past the Imperial ambush and mobilized his fellow Wookiees to fend off the Empire.
- Watch out for the Wookiee! (First appearance)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 In Watch out for the Wookiee!, the unidentified green planet was shown to be close to the desert world of Tatooine. According to Star Wars: Complete Locations, Tatooine was located in the Outer Rim region of the galaxy.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 2.7 2.8 Watch out for the Wookiee!
- ↑ Planets of the Galaxy, Volume One