- "I saw my father give it to a pilot who had been badly burned in a chemical explosion."
- ―Serra, regarding senflax and the pilot
A male pilot was badly injured in a chemical explosion at some point between 1008 BBY and 992 BBY. He was brought by his friends to the planet Ambria, where the local healer, Caleb, used the senflax toxin to block the pilot's pain.
- "His friends brought him here, but by the time they arrived he had been driven mad with pain. The senflax took the pain away while leaving the pilot still able to answer questions about what chemicals he had been transporting so that my father would best know how to treat him."
- ―Serra, on the pilot and the effects of senflax
At some point between 1008 BBY and 992 BBY, a male pilot was transporting a shipment of chemicals when his cargo exploded. The pilot received severe burns, and the resulting pain drove him mad. The pilot's friends took him to Caleb, a healer on the planet Ambria. There, Caleb injected the pilot with senflax, a neurotoxin that disrupted the nerves of the primary muscles, paralyzing them, but still allowing the patient to talk. After the toxin eased his pain, the pilot was able to tell Caleb about the chemicals he had been transporting, allowing the healer to administer proper treatment. Caleb's daughter was also present during the event, and she took notice of the effects of senflax. The girl went on to become Princess Serra of the planet Doan, and she used senflax to capture the Dark Lord of the Sith Darth Bane in 980 BBY.
Behind the scenesEdit
This pilot was briefly mentioned in Darth Bane: Dynasty of Evil, a 2009 novel by Drew Karpyshyn. The pilot's species and name were not established in the novel, and it was not revealed whether Caleb's treatment helped him to recover.
- Darth Bane: Dynasty of Evil (First mentioned)