|Unidentified planet 17 (Dilonexa system)|
A planet was the seventeenth of forty spacial bodies in the Dilonexa system. The seventeenth planet was also within the Centrality, a sector that organized itself as an independent government in 3,350 BBY. The planet orbited close to its system's sun, Dilonexa, and could not support life due to heat that could kill within microseconds.
The seventeenth planet in the Dilonexa system was one of forty in the system, which was located in the galactic region known as The Slice. The planet orbited along with twenty-one others in a region so close to its system's sun, Dilonexa, that the radiant heat could kill within microseconds, preventing life from thriving on the world. Within an area of The Slice that overlapped with the Outer Rim Territories, the planet was in the boundaries of the Centrality and was found in the north-eastern part of the galactic disk.
The part of the galaxy containing the Dilonexa system and the seventeenth planet was once controlled by the Sharu species's civilization, which was active from around the year 30,000 BBY until 25,200 BBY. The area was later explored by the Galactic Republic sometime between 3,956 and 3,000 BBY. In 3,350 BBY, the planet's sector organized an independent government called the Centrality; however, the cluster of worlds was under the control of the Hutt Empire. By 1,004 BBY, the area had fallen under the influence of the Sith, a faction of dark side users, although the group was dissolved at the end of the New Sith Wars in 1,000 BBY.
After the Republic was reformed as the Galactic Empire in 19 BBY at the conclusion of a galaxy-wide conflict called the Clone Wars, the Centrality planets swore allegiance to the new regime. Nonetheless, the Hutts largely retained power in the sector during the Empire's reign. By the time the New Republic took control of the galaxy in 6 ABY, the Centrality sector was again independent of galactic governments. By 137 ABY, the planet was within the territory occupied by the Dark Lord of the Sith Darth Krayt's Galactic Empire.
Behind the scenesEdit
The forty planets of the Dilonexa system were first mentioned in the 1983 novel Lando Calrissian and the Flamewind of Oseon by L. Neil Smith, which took place on the habitable planet of Dilonexa XXIII. The Dilonexa system was later referenced in 2008's The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia and the 2009 reference book The Essential Atlas, the latter of which established its galactic location. However, because of the Atlas' format, none of the uninhabitable planets were actually mentioned.
- Lando Calrissian and the Flamewind of Oseon (First mentioned) (Indirect mention only)
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. I ("Dilonexa XXIII") (Indirect mention only)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 The Essential Atlas established this information about the general Dilonexa system.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 Lando Calrissian and the Flamewind of Oseon
- ↑ The Essential Atlas's map of the territory controlled by the Sharu, page 116
- ↑ The Jedi Civil War map from The Essential Atlas shows that the furthest exploration by the Republic ended at the rimward border of Hutt Space, which is more coreward than the Centrality.
- ↑ The Essential Atlas contains a color-coded map showing the exploration of the galaxy. It places this area's discovery between 5,000 and 3,000 BBY, page 120.
- ↑ The Essential Atlas's article on the Centrality, page 162
- ↑ The Essential Atlas, page 133
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 A Campaign Guide to the Centrality"—Star Wars Gamer 5 "
- ↑ According to The Essential Atlas, the New Republic took control of the galactic capital of Coruscant from the Empire forty-two years after the Great ReSynchronization dating system was established. Because it placed the year zero of the New Republic's dating system at thirty-five years, 6 ABY was found using simple math.
- ↑ Map of Krayt's Empire from The Essential Atlas, page 226