|Unidentified planet (Dilonexa system)|
A planet was the second of forty within the Dilonexa system, which fell within spatial regions called the Outer Rim and the Slice. At galactic coordinates U-8, it was located within a sector called the Centrality. The planet orbited too close to its system's sun, Dilonexa, and could not support life due to heat that could kill within microseconds.
The world fell within the borders of two sections of the galaxy, the Outer Rim Territories and the Slice, while orbiting the Dilonexa system's sun, Dilonexa. That also placed the planet on a hyperlane called the Falko Run, along which the Dilonexa system was between the Ua and Ringneldia systems. Its orbit brought it so close to the star that life on the planet's surface would be decimated in microseconds. The sector containing the planet was called the Centrality and it was located at galactic coordinates U-8.
The planet was within territory claimed by the Sharu species's civilization, a power that existed from around 30,000 BBY until 25,200 BBY. Later, between 3,956 and 3,000 BBY, the area of space containing the planet was explored by the Galactic Republic. Though under the informal control of the Hutt Empire, the planet's sector established itself as an independent government called the Centrality in 3,350 BBY. In 1,004 BBY, the Sith had political control of the area, but they were dissolved in 1,000 BBY as a result of the New Sith Wars.
In 19 BBY, the Republic reorganized as the Galactic Empire and worlds within the Centrality swore allegience to the new government while the Hutts actually administrated the sector. The Centrality worlds were later allowed autonomy once the Empire was toppled by the New Republic in 6 ABY, but by 137 ABY the Dark Lord of the Sith Darth Krayt's Galactic Empire had taken control of the region.
Behind the scenesEdit
The planets of the Dilonexa system were first mentioned in the 1983 novel Lando Calrissian and the Flamewind of Oseon by L. Neil Smith, which took place on the habitable planet of Dilonexa XXIII. The Dilonexa system was later referenced in The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia and The Essential Atlas, which established its galactic location.
- Lando Calrissian and the Flamewind of Oseon (First mentioned) (Indirect mention only)
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. I ("Dilonexa XXIII") (Indirect mention only)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 The Essential Atlas established this information about the general Dilonexa system.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 Lando Calrissian and the Flamewind of Oseon
- ↑ The Essential Atlas's map of the territory controlled by the Sharu, page 116
- ↑ The Jedi Civil War map from The Essential Atlas shows that the furthest exploration by the Republic ended at the rimward border of Hutt Space, which is more coreward than the Centrality.
- ↑ The Essential Atlas contains a color-coded map showing the exploration of the galaxy. It places this area's discovery between 5,000 and 3,000 BBY, page 120.
- ↑ The Essential Atlas's article on the Centrality, page 162
- ↑ The Essential Atlas, page 133
- ↑ A Campaign Guide to the Centrality"—Star Wars Gamer 5 "
- ↑ According to The Essential Atlas, the New Republic took control of the galactic capital of Coruscant from the Empire forty-two years after the Great ReSynchronization dating system was established. Because it placed the year zero of the New Republic's dating system at thirty-five years, 6 ABY was found using simple math.
- ↑ Map of Krayt's Empire from The Essential Atlas, page 226