|Unidentified planet 30 (Dilonexa system)|
The thirtieth of forty worlds in the Dilonexa system was located within the borders of both the Outer Rim Territories and The Slice. It was also within the Centrality, a sector that organized itself as an independent government in 3,350 BBY. The planet orbited too far away from its system's sun, Dilonexa, and could not support life due to extreme cold that could kill within microseconds.
The thirtieth of forty planets in the Dilonexa system was located in a region of the Outer Rim Territories that overlapped with The Slice. It was a stop on the Falko Run hyperlane between the Ua system and the Ringneldia system Because the planet orbited so far from its system's sun, Dilonexa, it was incapable of supporting life. So little heat radiated to the planet that exposure to the cold surface could kill within microseconds. Within a sector called the Centrality, the planet was found at galactic coordinates U-8.
The part of the galaxy containing the planet was once controlled by the Sharu species's civilization, which was active from around 30,000 BBY until 25,200 BBY. The area was later explored by the Galactic Republic sometime between 3,956 and 3,000 BBY. In 3,350 BBY, the planet's sector organized an independent government called the Centrality; however, the cluster of worlds was under the control of the Hutt Empire. By 1,004 BBY, the area had fallen under the influence of the Sith, although the faction was dissolved at the end of the New Sith Wars, in 1,000 BBY.
After the Republic was reformed as the Galactic Empire in 19 BBY, the Centrality planets swore allegiance to the new regime, though the Hutts were largely in power during its reign. Once the New Republic took control of the galaxy in 6 ABY, the Centrality sector was again independent of galactic governments. By 137 ABY, the planet was within the territory of the Dark Lord of the Sith Darth Krayt's Galactic Empire.
Behind the scenesEdit
The planets of the Dilonexa system were first mentioned in the 1983 novel Lando Calrissian and the Flamewind of Oseon by L. Neil Smith, which took place on the habitable planet of Dilonexa XXIII. They were also referenced in that planet's entry in The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia. The Essential Atlas later established the system's galactic location, though its format did not allow for actual mentions of the uninhabitable planets.
- Lando Calrissian and the Flamewind of Oseon (First mentioned) (Indirect mention only)
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. I ("Dilonexa XXIII") (Indirect mention only)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 The Essential Atlas established this information about the general Dilonexa system.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 Lando Calrissian and the Flamewind of Oseon
- ↑ The Essential Atlas's map of the territory controlled by the Sharu, page 116.
- ↑ The Jedi Civil War map from The Essential Atlas shows that the furthest exploration by the Republic ended at the rimward border of Hutt Space, which is more coreward than the Centrality.
- ↑ The Essential Atlas contains a color-coded map showing the exploration of the galaxy. It places this area's discovery between 5,000 and 3,000 BBY, page 120.
- ↑ The Essential Atlas's article on the Centrality, page 162.
- ↑ The Essential Atlas, page 133.
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 A Campaign Guide to the Centrality"—Star Wars Gamer 5 "
- ↑ According to The Essential Atlas, the New Republic took control of the galactic capital of Coruscant from the Empire forty-two years after the Great ReSynchronization dating system was established. Because it placed the year zero of the New Republic's dating system at thirty-five years, 6 ABY was found using simple math.
- ↑ Map of Krayt's Empire from The Essential Atlas, page 226.