- "Excellent. This warhead represents only a fraction of the full power of Operation Masterstroke. Soon, soon, the Rebel Alliance will be crushed!"
- ―Scout trooper
A Human male Imperial scout trooper lived during the time of the Galactic Civil War between the Galactic Empire and the Alliance to Restore the Republic. Sometime following the Battle of Yavin in 0 BBY, the scout trooper operated out of a city on the Mid Rim planet Naboo, where he oversaw planning for Operation Masterstroke.
- "Imperial Security has delivered a new cargo for use in the forthcoming Operation Masterstroke. Bring it here at once. Because of this mission's critical importance, you must meet all assaults on your person with maximum force. Under no circumstances allow this cargo to fall into enemy hands!"
- ―Scout trooper
A Human male scout trooper lived at the time of the major galactic conflict known as the Galactic Civil War, during which the Alliance to Restore the Republic won a decisive victory against the Galactic Empire at the Battle of Yavin in 0 BBY. At some point following the battle, the scout trooper was based out of a city on the lush Mid Rim world of Naboo. During his time on Naboo, the scout trooper oversaw planning for a secretive Imperial undertaking known as Operation Masterstroke. He believed that the full power of this operation would spell disaster for the Rebel Alliance. To fulfill the demands of this endeavor, the scout trooper required a shipment of cargo containing a proton torpedo warhead.
To this end, the scout trooper encountered a loyal member of the Empire who was willing to assist him in his preparations for Operation Masterstroke. He tasked the Imperial operative with rendezvousing with an individual in the Naboo countryside to receive the shipment of cargo, and deliver it back to his post. He emphasized the critical importance of the cargo, and urged that lethal force be used to prevent it from falling into enemy hands. Fortunately for the scout trooper, the operative succeeded in bringing back the cargo, allowing the planning of Operation Masterstroke to continue unhindered.
Personality and traitsEdit
The scout trooper was a Human male devoted to the Galactic Empire. He was eager to fulfill the requirements of Operation Masterstroke, which he believed was crucial to crushing the Rebellion.
- "Operation Masterstroke—the high-ups have been planning that one a long time. I advise you to be careful with this latest cargo. Don't go near intense magnetic fields."
- ―The deliverer of the proton torpedo warhead shipment
As an Imperial scout trooper, he wore a set of white scout trooper armor. To fulfill the requirements of Operation Masterstoke, he required a shipment of cargo containing a proton torpedo warhead which, according to its deliverer, needed to be kept away from intense magnetic fields.
Behind the scenesEdit
- "We are administering the development of an improved blaster battery. Be still, my pounding heart. I expect you, too, will thrill to participate in this magnificent undertaking. Bring us the battery prototype for testing. No hurry, though."
- ―Cut dialogue from the scout trooper
This scout trooper was a non-player character in the 2003 video game Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided, a massively multiplayer online role-playing game developed by Sony Online Entertainment and published by LucasArts, prior to its closure on December 15, 2011.
In the game, he gave a quest to players which involved locating an individual in the Naboo countryside to receive cargo, and deliver it back to him. The name of this scout trooper cannot be verified with 100% certainty. According to a player discussion board on a video game role-playing site known as Allakhazam, this scout trooper was named SX-212. However, the game's directory tree files and creature database make no mention of this designation. Many scout troopers had randomly generated code names starting with SX, GX, VX, CX, and NX, so it is possible that SX-212 may not have been a permanent designation assigned by the game's developers. Furthermore, the city in which this scout trooper was based out of is unknown. According to players on the Allakhazam discussion board, this scout trooper was moved from city to city by the developers, before being removed from the game altogether. Some possible cities that this scout trooper may have been based out of include Keren, Moenia and Theed. Because this scout trooper was removed from the game early in its life span, no official screenshot of him exists. However, an emulated depiction of him can be deduced from the standard scout trooper Interchange File Format pulled from the game's directory tree files. The directory tree files also contain information on additional follow up quests to retrieve further material for Operation Masterstroke, including a heavy weapon stabilizing mount, capacitor bank, drilling pump, and improved blaster battery. However, these additional quests are not known to have made it onto the live servers.
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided (First appearance)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided
- ↑ IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT STAR WARS GALAXIES. Sony Online Entertainment (2011-06-24). Archived from the original on November 24, 2011. Retrieved on July 25, 2015.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Operation Masterstroke (SX-212 No.1). Allakhazam.com: Star Wars Galaxies. ZAM Network LLC (2004-09-02). Archived from the original on May 27, 2018. Retrieved on May 27, 2018.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided directory tree files