|University of Alderaan|
|Chronological and political information|
Founded in Aldera by the great thinker Collus, it was designed to isolate its students from the outside world. Before Collus' death, he realized that one cannot fully learn something until they have experienced it, inquiring, "How could a biology student learn by looking at diagrams and books without actually going out into the field?" or, "How could a politics student learn without setting foot on Coruscant?"
Eventually it was developed so that the main building would stay on the capital, Aldera, but many different "pods" of the school would be spread out across the galaxy. In this way, botanists spent much of their time on Ithor and other tropical planets; meteorologists spent their time studying the gas planets and cloud storms on Bespin; historians would visit the ruins of Ossus; and political students had jobs as government functionaries on Coruscant.
In 22 BBY, the university's provost was Dalus Othona and its dean was Halcor Raystel; the latter was eventually removed after a three-month scandal when it became known that he was a ryll user and had offered class credits to two female students in exchange for sexual favors. Grabda Weng was, during that time, a professor of socio-politics at the University.
- HoloNet News Vol. 531 47 (content now unavailable; backup links 1 2 on Archive.org) —
- HoloNet News Vol. 531 55 (content now unavailable; backup links 1 2 on Archive.org) (Mentioned only) —
- Dark Lord: The Rise of Darth Vader (Mentioned only)
- The Paradise Snare (First appearance)
- "The Princess Leia Diaries"—Star Wars Tales 11
- Young Jedi Knights: Shards of Alderaan (Mentioned only)
- Young Jedi Knights: Diversity Alliance (Mentioned only)
- Young Jedi Knights: Delusions of Grandeur (Mentioned only)
- The Illustrated Star Wars Universe (First mentioned)
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 18 (ALD4, Alderaan)
- Coruscant and the Core Worlds
- Star Wars Chronicles: The Prequels
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia