- "Plutt wants droid. We take droid. Female don't interfere."
"The droid's mine. I didn't sell him. Plutt knows that."
"You are right. Plutt knows that. You didn't sell. So he take."
- ―Two of Unkar's thugs and Rey
Unkar's thugs were a group of henchmen who worked for Unkar Plutt at Niima Outpost on Jakku. They wore hoods over their humanoid heads and ambushed scavengers that conducted an unauthorized barter or questioned Unkar's authority.
They did not realize that despite their disguises, their body language, voices and attitudes made them easily identifiable. They kept vibro-shivs concealed in their boots and also employed both blaster pistols and blaster rifles. The villagers found the thugs' attempts at secrecy amusing, save those who were unfortunate enough to come out the worse from a run-in with them.
After the scavenger Rey refused to sell the astromech droid BB-8 to Unkar Plutt, he dispatched two of these thugs to seize the droid by force. Long used to defending herself, Rey fought back and defeated the two using her quarterstaff. Finn, a stormtrooper who had defected from the First Order, thought to jump in and assist, only to find that Rey had already settled the conflict.
Later, after Rey and Finn took the Millennium Falcon from Jakku's Starship Graveyard, Plutt tracked Rey down to Maz Kanata's castle on Takodana, accompanied by his thugs. There, he confronted her while she was alone and attempted to punish her for her actions, but the Wookiee Chewbacca stumbled in on the proceedings and brought them to a halt by ripping off one of Plutt's arms.
- Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens novel
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: A Junior Novel
- The Force Awakens, Part I
- LEGO Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens (Set: 75099 Reys Speeder)
- LEGO Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens (Set: 75178 Jakku Quadjumper)
- Star Wars: Rey's Survival Guide (Indirect mention only)
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary