- "‘Star Wars’ is a big world, and Disney’s new streaming service affords a wonderful opportunity to tell stories that stretch out over multiple chapters."
- ―Jon Favreau in an email to The New York Times
A live-action Star Wars television series is currently being developed by Lucasfilm. It is set to air on Disney's new online streaming service, which is planned for launch by the end of 2019. Jon Favreau will write and executive produce the series.
The series was announced by Disney CEO Robert Iger during a Disney quarterly earnings call on November 9, 2017. On May 10, 2018, in an interview with Anthony Carboni on the premier for Solo: A Star Wars Story, Jon Favreau revealed that he was halfway done with writing a season of the upcoming live-action Star Wars television series. During an interview with Dan Casey of Nerdist at the premiere, Favreau confirmed the show would take place seven years after the Battle of Yavin and feature all new characters. Favreau also revealed that even before he had the job, he had written 4 scripts to show Lucasfilm what the show would be.
On August 6, 2018, The New York Times reported on Disney's streaming service and stated that the Star Wars television series by Favreau will be expected to cost around $100 million for ten episodes. In an email to The New York Times, Favreau stated that Disney's new streaming service will allow for the opportunity to tell stories that go for several chapters.
|Organizations and titles||Sentient species||Vehicles and vessels||Weapons and technology||Miscellanea|
- Littleton, Cynthia (2017-11-09). New ‘Star Wars’ Trilogy in Works With Rian Johnson, TV Series Also Coming to Disney Streaming Service. Variety. Archived from the original on November 9, 2017. Retrieved on November 9, 2017.
- Disney's Fiscal Full Year and Q4 2017 Earnings Results Webcast. The Walt Disney Company (2017-11-09). Archived from the original on November 10, 2017. Retrieved on November 10, 2017.
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Littleton, Cynthia (2017-11-09). New 'Star Wars' Trilogy in Works With Rian Johnson, TV Series Also Coming to Disney Streaming Service. Variety. Archived from the original on November 9, 2017. Retrieved on November 9, 2017.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Marnell, Blair (May 11, 2018). Exclusive Details on Jon Favreau's STAR WARS TV Series. nerdist.com.
- ↑ Barnes, Brooks. Disney’s Streaming Service Starts to Come Into Focus. The New York Times. Archived from the original on August 6, 2018. Retrieved on August 6, 2018.