An untitled video game is currently in development at Visceral Games.
The game will take place between the events of Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith and Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope, with at least part of it taking place in Mos Eisley[source?]. The game's plot will focus on more than one core character, and the plot will primarily focus on new characters.
On May 6, 2013, the game was confirmed to be in production when Electronic Arts (parent company of Visceral Games) and The Walt Disney Company signed an agreement allowing Electronic Arts and its subsidiaries to create Star Wars games under a new license. The project will be released in 2018.
On April 3, 2014, it was confirmed that Amy Hennig joined the project as creative director. Later that month, it was revealed that Todd Stashwick would write the game's storyline with Hennig. The two have previously worked together on games in the Uncharted series. In June 2014, Scott Warner joined the project as game director. In July 2015, Jade Raymond announced her new EA subsidiary Motive Studios would be working on the game alongside the developers at Visceral Games.
|Organizations and titles||Sentient species||Vehicles and vessels||Weapons and technology||Miscellanea|
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Papoutsis, Steve (2014-04-03). Amy Hennig Joins Visceral Games. Electronic Arts. Retrieved on May 25, 2015.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Motive Studios. Electronic Arts (2015-07-13). Retrieved on July 13, 2015.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 Gibeau, Frank (2013-05-06). EA and Disney Team Up on New Star Wars Games. Electronic Arts. Retrieved on May 25, 2015.
- ↑ Prescott, Shaun (May 10, 2016). Star Wars Battlefront 2 will release in 2017. PC Gamer. Retrieved on May 10, 2016.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 5.3 5.4 5.5 5.6 Game Informer #82: The Future of Star Wars Gaming
- ↑ EA Star Wars: A Look Ahead
- ↑ Gaudiosi, John (2014-03-18). Electronic Arts' Andrew Wilson reflects on his first months as CEO. Fortune.com. Retrieved on May 25, 2015.
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 Dyer, Mitch (2014-04-11). Todd Stashwick Co-Writing Visceral's Star Wars Game. IGN. Retrieved on May 25, 2015.
- ↑ . “Very happy to be working with @amy_hennig on #StarWars. We are going to make a really great experience for all of you.”
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 . “Design Director, Star Wars Project and Battlefield Hardline at Visceral.”
- Prescott, Shaun (May 10, 2016). Star Wars Battlefront 2 will release in 2017. PC Gamer. Retrieved on May 10, 2016.
- Dyer, Mitch (2014-04-11). Todd Stashwick Co-Writing Visceral's Star Wars Game. IGN. Retrieved on May 25, 2015.
- EA Games/Jade Raymond. The Future of EA Star Wars Games. Webpage. Retrieved on June 13, 2016.