And now, back to your regularly scheduled userpage...Edit
|Chronological and political information|
Hey all, I'm Ozzel, sometimes known elsewhere as PEZman4. I'm a former regular user and admin here, now a mere occasional editor. But I'm always around and willing to help, so don't hesitate to drop me a line on my talk page.
How did I get into this mess?Edit
I had friends when I was younger who tried to make me watch the Star Wars films, but I was never too interested. It was only later when the Special Editions came out in 1997 that I first saw A New Hope. (Then I went back the see Empire the very next day.) But it wasn't until The Phantom Menace in 1999 that I got really hooked. That summer, I started reading Shadows of the Empire, and I've been reading the EU ever since. For that first year or so, I had a kind of "personal canon" (an oxymoron, I know) that ended with Return of the Jedi, mainly because of some bad things I'd heard about in the EU after that (like the Emperor coming back and Chewie dying), and so I only read stuff that took place earlier in the timeline. Thankfully, when it finally hit me how integrated the whole EU was and how much great stuff I was missing out on, I read The Truce at Bakura and continued on with the books and comics that followed. (However, I still think Palpatine's return was dumb.)
Coming to WookieepediaEdit
Many years ago, I started my own personal Star Wars website. I worked on it for years, and it helped me develop some HTML skills. However, the site never went very far with actual content; I always wished I could work on a website with other people. Jump to the latter part of 2005. I had heard of Wookieepedia before, but I had thought (no joke) that since it had been around for so long with so many people working on it, that it was probably already "complete." In December of that year, during one of my occasional periods of Star Wars burnout, I found out about Muppet Wiki as it was just starting up. I contributed there for a few months and really got a feel for how the wiki system worked. Well, in the beginning of 2006, I started looking around Wookieepedia some more and saw that even though it was already so far along, there was still plenty of work to be done.
And so for a few years, I was editing here practically every day. I got named Wookieepedian of the Month in October of 2006, and was at one point the 9th top editor here (as far as number of edits goes). But towards the end of 2008, Real Life™ stepped in, and I had to give up the daily editing. I still use the site and edit occasionally, though. If you should ever need a check on an old Insider article or the like, I'm always happy to help.
The section where I rant about my pet peevesEdit
- Misspelling "Wookiee." Please, people. It's in the name of the website. It's all over the place. There is no reason to spell it with one "E" around here. It's embarrassing.
- People who add incorrect quotes. Firstly, we should all know every line of the films by heart anyway, right? But please, if you're going to add a quote, check the source! The scripts to the films are all available online. A simple text search can pull up your quote in no time.
- R4-M9. I just hate that droid.
- Spell it with me now: A-p-p-e-a-r-a-n-c-e-s.
- Citing Yahoo! or Google Images as a source for an image. That's like writing a research paper and citing "the library" as a source.
- People who use "some fans..." as a way to express their own viewpoint or wacky theory in an article.
Links to subpagesEdit
Because I can't keep up.