- "One cannot pick and chose their canon; that's movie purism"
- ―SFH's motto on canon
My name is Stephen Fluent Henneberry (hence my login). I'm one of the administrators here.
I have been a Star Wars fan for years. I discovered the Star Wars Wiki on July 4, 2005, and have been going to it ever since. I have been using Wikipedia for years before that, and had been somewhat disappointed by its articles on Star Wars, which were either too film oriented or simply lacking. Please be patient if I make a mistake (I said that Xendor was Corellian, which I saw on his entry in Wikipedia). I shall willingly bow to your greater knowledge. I also apologize if I singed the hairs of my fellow Wookieepedians for saying Thrawn was Emperor. But I do believe he should be counted as such, mostly because I am a little disturbed at how much EU material is being retconned to fit with NJO, and it horrifies me that the Thrawn Trilogy, the Bible of the Expanded Universe, be subject to that as well! There is life before Vector Prime!
I apologize for that rant, and that really bad pun on Wookiepeedian. I also admittedly had some problems with the New Essential Chronology, particularly the retconing of the formation of the Sith Order from 24,400 BBY to 6,900 BBY. And I figured out a way to fix that, with Xendor's people discovering the Sith first, with the Dark Jedi of the Hundred Year Darkness later invading, causing the schisms which ended with the reign of Marka Ragnos. Oh, well.
Articles I have written prior to assuming my User name that have been greatly expanded:
User name articles/categories I have written (most have been expanded by others)
Head of State Shamed Ones Warrior caste Intendant caste Shaper caste Priest caste Worker caste Yun-Yammka Yun-Harla Yun-Ne'Shel Yun-Shuno Domain Minister of State New Republic Presidential election, 27 ABY Pius Dea Crusades Category:Military ranks Republic Navy Yuuzhan Vong Empire Anti-Jediism Navy Category:Legislatures Sekot Accords Senate Council Category:Yuuzhan Vong military units
See also this page.
Things I'm Working on
- Welcoming new registered users (an ongoing process) so I will always need this:
Things which irk me
- Gaps: They make pages look ugly.
- SuperShadow fanon: I've never bothered to count how much of his crap I've had to revert out of the articles here, but it just gets irritating after a while.
- People who pick and choose on matters of canon in the EU: You just can't do it. You must either acknowledge all of it, or none of it.
- Making "It's a trap!" Ackbar's quote:...God!
- The Legacy comics: Cade Skywalker is practically every fanonists dream, the Sith of that era seem to have lost the ability to make genuinely thought provoking names, and I have a really bad feeling about Darth Talon. Think of all the stuff we get on Aayla Secura, but evilized...Is that even a word?
- The New Jedi Order series: Far too self important. Del Rey is turning everything in the EU into a prelude to Vector Prime (especially all things regarding Grand Admiral Thrawn). I've read their justifications on the deaths of Chewbacca and Anakin Solo, how they were substitutes for Luke Skywalker and Jacen Solo. And while I'm greatful they didn't off them, I can only ask this...why did they have to kill anyone? Also, the one death I would have liked was Borsk Fey'lya's, and they mucked that up by making him die a martyr. I still refuse to buy Star by Star over that.
- The Legacy of the Force: I am so sick and tired of these "nothing is dark and light, just gray" situations that they keep coming up with. And it's pretty much the prequel plot recycled. Not to mention the fact that they even seem to be making Jacen Solo into an Anakin-look alike. Lumiya's encounter on Darth Vectivus asteroid is way to similar to the Duel in the Chancellor's Office. Han Solo was working alonside Thrackan Sal-Solo, even after he put Mirax Terrik under house arrest for being married to a Jedi, and murdered the Prime Minister of Corellia? Has Solo's years of wild spice smuggling finally caught up to him?
- The term Star Dreadnought being used over Star Destroyer...Where is the novel that identifies it as such? Find me some source that Curtis Saxton cannot be linked to, and I'll take it.
- Imperial Warlords: They sound like a bunch of spoiled children trying to make themselves sound more important than the other one. And people wonder why the Empire lost the war.
- Sith-idolists: Okay, I can forgive the Imperial advocates, and tolerate the Fandalorians, but seriously what the hell is the justification for thinking the Sith are in the right? I mean, you seriously have respect for mass-murdering, villianous monsters who have destroyed whole worlds, and somehow think the Jedi started the conflict? Reven murdered his own troops at the Battle of Malachor, and the fanboys love him! I-I-I just don't get it!
Things which I like
- Grand Admiral Thrawn: He's blue (one of my favorite colors) has red eyes, and totally owns everyone he fights against just by looking at art. Dude.
- Jacen Solo: Mind you, this is the pre-NJO Jacen Solo, where he knew what he was doing and wasn't a cold hearted bastard.
- Dark Empire: Not only did it bring back both Emperor Palpatine and Boba Fett, they did it in believable ways. Now, if only they would bring Palpatine back again...
- Ewoks...Hey, I'm an animal lover.
- Jar Jar Binks—yeah, that's right, I like Jar Jar. Big whoop.
Things I'm neutral on
- Han Shot First: It doesn't bother me. I know people get bent out of shape over it, but it really doesn't irritate me.