Hello, I'm Silly Dan, a guy with a fresh doctorate in physics, a collection of Star Wars books, and a variable amount of free time. I was an administrator here, but now I'm not.
Actually, I dislike contributions sections on user pages. I keep most articles I create or contribute significantly to on my watchlist (a few hundred articles by now, most of them short), but a lot of them were originated, greatly expanded, or even completely rewritten by other users, so I feel silly trying to "claim" them. All the same, here are a few articles I enjoyed working on:
- Alien Exodus
- Artoo's favorite program
- The Battles of Yaga Minor and Bothawui, which led to the end of the Galactic Civil War
- The Battle of Nar Shaddaa, which eventually led to Han shooting first
- Bimkall Sector (does not exist, but gets an encyclopedia entry anyway)
- Brock Peters
- Charon (not all mine, I just think they're fun)
- Major Herrit
- Jefferson Starship
- List of references to Earth in Star Wars (or "If we're in another galaxy, what's with the rabbits"?)
- Near-Human (I wrote very little of the text, but splitting it from Human was my idea.)
- Salfur's Trading Post
- Star Wars Official Poster Monthly
- Sector Force
- Time travel
- Tirog, Thannik, GT-9R, and friends
- Xi'Dec (my first article!)
- Wookieepedia:What Wookieepedia is not, an attempt to explain ourselves to new users (work in progress)
- Wookieepedia:WookieeProject Aliens: a lot of the articles which fall under this project have been edited by me at least once, often by turning a minimal stub into a creditable short article. Most of the ones which have gained Featured or Good status were heavily rewritten by other users, however.
Where else to find Silly Dan
- I use this username on Twitter, the Bioware forums, and the Jedi Council Forums of TheForce.Net.
- I formerly used this username on Wikipedia, LiveJournal, and a few other wikis (notably the Battlestar Galactica wiki, Jedipedia (a non-Wikia German Star Wars wiki) and Biblioteka Ossus (a non-Wikia Polish Star Wars wiki). However, these accounts are basically abandoned, so you won't see me posting from them.
- Anyone using the username Silly Dan to demand power on a wiki or vandalize it is probably a troll or imposter holding a grudge from my time as an administrator here. I don't think anyone's bothering anymore.
- I do not use my real name as a wiki user name anywhere.
- Anyone using the username Silly Dan for any other reason on the internet may just be some other person named Dan.
- There's someone with the display name "Silly Dan" on the StarWars.com website -- but that's not me. I'll be using another username there.