- "Jedi don't masturbate, they meditate."
I discovered this site when I made my annual visit to TheForce.net. A news link caught my attention on the newly created Wookieepedia. Not a stranger to the innovative style of Wikipedia, my curiosity was aroused.
A quick visit and I'm hooked.
About ToRsO bOyEdit
- A casual fan at best.
- Has a fast growing collection of Star Wars novels and comics.
- Prefers the EU to the movies.
- Has a thing for lists. I know it looks egotistical having a list of all the articles I created but it's a harmless thing, leave it alone.
- A Weird Al Yankovic fan, hence the name.
- Wants to cosplay as a Null Arc.
- Has a weird sense of humor.
- Reads Ysanne Isard as Insane Isard.
It would be kandoosi if- Edit
- Booster Terrik finally uses Errant Venture's super laser. Come on, we all know it has one!
What I deem as osik Edit
- Flow Walking. Repackage it all you want, it still sounds like time traveling to me.
- Force Phantoms. Who needs a Galaxy Gun when you can assassinate someone in their sleep while a million kliks away?
- The Swarm War. A collective hive mind that turns you when you hang around with them? Gimme a break. At least do it like the Puppet Masters.
- Daala as the new Chief of State.... Plain disturbing.
- I first thought Tatooine last names consists of a noun or adjective and then a verb (Skywalker, Darklighter, Sandskimmer, Fardreamer). Then after a few more books I learned it could be a noun, adjective or verb mixed randomly as long as it's a compound word. (Whitesun, Marstrap)
- Another thing about Tatooine. So far we have 2 Skywalkers (Anakin and Luke) and 2 Tuskens (Asharad and Tahiri) that joined the Sith Order. Nice coincidence.
- I believe Karen Traviss is the first Star Wars author to actually use the word 'rape' on a SW novel and I have a bad feeling about it.
- We now have Nat and Kol. I'm pretty sure there's another hidden Skywalker brother and his name is King.
- Jacen Solo got the short end of the stick as a character. When he was a kid he told awful jokes. As a teen he was whiny, wimpy, indecisive and a general pain in the shebs. He got a short period where everything fell into place and he became cool. Then just as quick he turned into a real megalomaniac jerk. Sad.
- Notice how Michael Stackpole almost always seem to end his chapters with cheesy lines from characters?
- It was disappointing how Jaina's training with Fett was written. You get the sense that she'll learn how to hunt Jedi, or maybe perhaps don a Mandalorian armor and a jetpack. But no, we get a lesson about surprising your foe and going berserk with a sword. I mean come on! Surely Fett could teach her something better. And on a side note: What was the point of Jaina learning Shatterpoint? She didn't use it once during her duel with Caedus. Was it because he knows how she then has to learn it too?
- I imagine that The Crystal Star was written from the point of view of the young Solo kids. That would explain the simplistic approach and majority of the heroes being out of character.
- Wookieepedia:Quote of the Day/In-Universe
- User:ToRsO bOy/Dalab
- Wookieepedia:Template messages
- Forum:Entry requests
Things to doEdit
- The Star Wars Planets Collection
- X-Wing: Solo Command
- Make Gyylghrard a Feautured Article. (Postponed)
- Make Apwar Trigit a Featured Article. (Postponed)
- Make Zurel Darillian a Featured Article. (Postponed)
- Make Shylar a Featured Article. (Yeah right)
- Make Jai Maruk a Featured Article. (Postponed)
- Make Maks Leem a Featured Article. (Postponed)
- Work on the Dred Priest article.
What we can learn from Star Wars Edit
- That when scrounging for merchandise, you can get it fast, in good condition, or cheap: pick two.
- Reality doesn't care if you believe it.
- Your focus determines your reality.
- Love doesn't lead to the dark side. Passion can lead to rage and fear, and can be controlled, but passion is not the same thing as love. Controlling your passions while being in love, that's what they should teach you to beware, but love itself will save, not condemn you.
- Before you handed someone power, you had to ask yourself if you'd be happy with the worst possible thing they could ever do with it.
- A forced apology is worth nothing.
- Pacifism for the sake of pacifism is the height of arrogant selfishness when that belief prevents you from acting to save others from harm.
- The six P's, sir. Proper Planning Prevents Pi… Inadequate Performance, sir.
Quotes I've Successfully NominatedEdit