I am Wormulon, you may call me Wormy.
Star Wars is one my favorite fictional settings, but I also like Star Trek, Stargate and Doctor Who.
I'm most active on SporeWikia.
Galactic Empire Edit
I like many sci-fi's, but I believe the Galactic Empire would easily win against most other Star Wars or sci-fi factions, externally it is very powerful but internally it is weak. The Empire control over 70 million worlds, with has a huge population of quadrillions of different species. Each sector is patrolled by millions of ships patrolling each sector. Many according to some sources have terraton to petaton range rapid-fire weapons and shielding (Base Delta Zero for example can blast the crust off a planet and atomise it, basically making the classic Star Destroyer a superweapon of its own). With hypermatter power sources I'm pretty sure rapid-fire superlasers are feasible. Hyperspace travel which can cross a galaxy twice the size of the Milky Way in days.
All this easily makes The Empire a kardashev III civilisation. It could be argued that they don't collect energy from stars, although a minor source (the Nova generator) suggests they are capable of it.
Technological capability of the Galactic Empire/Republic Edit
- Type II.5 kardashev (minimum) power sources
- Gravitational and hyperspatial technologies
- An Artificial black hole.
- Hyperspace wormhole - Conects two points in Realspace for instant travel.
- Crseih Station - Tests the limits of physics in Real, Hyper and Otherspace.
- Hyperspace travel - Traveling into another dimension for faster than light travel.
- Hyperspace warping device/Gravity well projector - Creates artificial gravity wells on a mass scale, stopping hyperspace travel.
- Artificial gravity generator - Generates gravity.
- Subspace transceivers - Near instant FTL communications.
- Nullifying mass/Repulsorlifts
- Materials science, Nanotechnology and particle physics:
- Neutronium - Which means the GE must have the ability to collect it from neutron stars.
- Mass/Energy conversion
- Deflectors & Planetary shields
- Directed Energy Weapons & Tractor beams
- Quantum computer
- Universal energy cage
- Transphasic devices
- Null quantum field generator
Engineering and industrial capabilities Edit
- Dyson ring: Kuat Drive Yards - Some sources state there is a huge ring surrounding the entire star system and more around the systems' planets.
- Artificial planets: Worldcraft - Artificial planets that can travel through hyperspace!
- Super-dreanought ships
- Habitation spheres
- Eye of Palpatine - A colossal ship.
- Sovereign-class Super Star Destroyer
- Procurator-class Star Battlecruiser.
- Eclipse-class Super Star Destroyer - Dwarfs even the Executor! And is armed with a planet cracking superweapon.
- Viscount-class Star Defender - Although slighty shorter than Executor, it is more compact and has hangar bays. Not actualy built by the empire.
- Executor-class Star Dreadnought
- Mandator II-class Star Dreadnaught - Mandator could take on 1000 sepratist warships!
- Arc Hammer
- Torpedo Sphere
- The Star Destroyers - Vary in size and power.
Military capabilities of the Galactic Empire Edit
The Empire doesn't even need superweapons. Various ships can glass or reduce the habitability of planets from orbit whithin just an hour. The Venator Class, a mere cruiser can fire 460 teratons in one second.
- Hyperspace collisions - "Hyperspace collisions, whether they be intentional or by accident, could devastate or even destroy a planet. Considering the fact that the output of the reactors of many Capital ships rivaled or eclipsed that of a star, and that the energies needed to make hyperspace travel possible were vast, one could unleash a great deal of destructive power on a target." Sounds almost like "gridfire" to me from The Culture novels. The Shawken Device (although its canon is debatable) might have operated on this principle wiping out planets from hyperspace, neither seem to be gridfire in the true sense however, and hyperspace collisions merey being accidental.
- Weapons of Mass Destruction - Some capable of Base Delta Zero.
Other little-known Star Wars technologies Edit
- Sith/Hyperspace/Mandalorian wars
- Pre-Republic technology
- Gree technology - They had material synthesis similar to replicators in Star Trek. They also had stellar engineering, quanta-technology and dimensional engineering.
- World-building Celestial artifacts, like the Cosmic Turbine
- Rakatan technologies often incorporated the Force, and even stellar energy (Star Forge).
- Kwa Infinity Gates and Star Temples.
- Sharu Mindharp - The Mindharp was a strange object that constantly changed form as it shifted through dimensions.
- Early human Warp drives.
- Hypergem - Not a technology but still cool.