| Usage and history
Utility belts were belts that most people used for missions or tasks that were challenging. Such belts were fitted to carry necessary supplies and gadgets for handy usage; such equipment was carried in pouches or fastened on hooks. Depending on their usage, such belts were fashioned from a variety of materials, including leather and plastics.
Usage and designEdit
The Jedi used leather utility belts for missions from the Jedi High Council. They usually consisted of their lightsaber, which was traditionally worn on the left, survival rations in the form of capsules, a Hush-98 comlink, a fibercord grappling hook and/or a grappling spike launcher, a holoprojector (such as an Imagecaster), a holomap, an A99 aquata breather, and other specialized equipment.
Non-Jedi utility belt equipment usually consisted of rope, a weapon such as a blaster and other equipment. Military utility belts, such as used by clone troopers and Imperial stormtroopers, were usually plastic- or metal-plated for greater protection of their contents; their equipment usually consisted of reserve power and gas packs for blasters, cables for climbing, and at least one meal of energy rations. Also, the belt used by clone troopers could be used as a thermal detonator or a bomb, as sergeant Slick did on Christophsis.
- Bantha Tracks #5
- Galaxy Guide 3: The Empire Strikes Back
- The Politics of Contraband
- Shadows of the Empire Sourcebook
- Star Wars Customizable Card Game – Premiere Limited (Card: Tatooine Utility Belt)
- Star Wars Customizable Card Game – Premiere Limited (Card: Stormtrooper Utility Belt)
- Galaxy Guide 3: The Empire Strikes Back, Second Edition
- Star Wars: Attack of the Clones The Visual Dictionary
- Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords: Prima Official Game Guide
- Threats of the Galaxy
- Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary
- The Jedi Path: A Manual for Students of the Force
- The Essential Reader's Companion
- Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Core Rulebook