The Vaal system was a star system located in the Gordian Reach of the galaxy's Outer Rim Territories that contained the planet Vaal, homeworld of the hyenax and site of Imperial relay outpost V-798. The planet's orbit around its sun intersected several asteroid fields, one of which contained the Rukabi Major asteroid.
A star system located in the Gordian Reach of the galaxy's Outer Rim Territories, the Vaal system contained the planet Vaal, the homeworld of feral, dog-like creatures known as hyenax. Orbited by a moon, Vaal's trajectory around its sun intersected several asteroid fields, one of which contained the Rukabi Major asteroid. This made any approach to the planet trecherous at best.
By the year 3643 BBY, the holographic life form Holiday came into the possession of Glorzo, a masculine Hutt collector on the planet Nal Hutta. While the slicer Tharan Cedrax made the Hutt a generous offer for her, but he had already made a deal with a scavenger. Seeing an opprotunity for ammusment, Glorzo proposed a contest; Cedrax and the scavenger would enter the Vaal asteroid field, and the first to bring back a stone from Rukabi Major would win possession of Holiday. Despite the scavenger's clever piloting, Cedrax knew certain navigational algorithms that allowed him to retrieve the stone first, which he exchanged for Holiday after returning to Nal Hutta days before the scavenger.
Behind the scenesEdit
The Vaal system first appeared, albeit unidentified, in Empire 14: The Savage Heart, a Star Wars Legends comic written by David Land (credited as Paul Alden) and pencilled by Raúl Treviño that was released on December 10, 2003. It was first identified in The Essential Atlas, a reference book written by Jason Fry and Daniel Wallace and released on August 18, 2009, which placed the system in grid square P-5.
- Empire 14: The Savage Heart (First appearance)
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. III ("Vaal") (Picture only)
- The Essential Atlas (First identified as Vaal system)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 Empire 14: The Savage Heart
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 screenshot) . "planets not assigned a system in [a] published source can be assumed to reside in [the] system of [the] same name." (
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 Star Wars: The Old Republic—Conversation with Tharan Cedrax: "A Holiday from Hutta"
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 5.3 5.4 5.5 5.6 The Essential Atlas
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. II, p. 69 ("hyenax")
- ↑ The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. III, p. 287-288 ("Vaal")
- ↑ Using comments and information from The Old Republic—The Lost Suns 2, The Last Battle of Colonel Jace Malcom, and The Old Republic: Annihilation, it is possible to place the events of the Prologue and Act I for the Jedi Knight, Smuggler, and Trooper classes in Star Wars: The Old Republic in 3643 BBY, the general events of Act II in 3642 BBY, and the events of Act III for all classes in 3641 BBY.