Vaapads were brown ball-shaped, multi-tentacled creatures with two yellow eyes. The number of tentacles, used to kill prey, varied from as low as seven to as many as twenty-three on the largest specimen ever examined; the number was almost impossible to count, as the tentacles moved so quickly that they were nothing but a blur to the naked eye. Vaapads were not picky eaters, as they would hunt anything on their planet.[source?]Mace Windu developed a lightsaber style based upon the vaapad. The style used quick and deadly strikes to overcome the enemy, much like how the vaapad would use its tentacles on prey. Windu created this style with aid from Sora Bulq, although Windu and his former apprentice, Depa Billaba, were considered to be the form's only masters.
- Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds: Clone Campaigns
- Shatterpoint (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Lightsaber Duels
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords
- Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith novelization (Mentioned only)
- The Force Unleashed novel (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Force Commander (First appearance)