- "If I get a veto, ejection into space. Always had nightmares about that. Brrr."
- ―Aphra requests that Darth Vader not jettison her into the vacuum of space
A vacuum was an area of space which lacked any atmosphere. Most organisms could not survive in the vacuum of space, although there were exceptions, such as the neebray and purrgil. The Givin were also able to survive for a short while in vacuum. Some equipment could allow other organisms to survive in a vacuum, including vacuum-sealed armors like stormtrooper armor, phase I clone trooper armor, and Vader's armor, or breathing apparatus like the A99 aquata breather. One form of execution was to jettison an individual into the vacuum of space, which Admiral Jhared Montferrat used to kill a group of captives he suspected of being Rebel spies. The archaeologist Doctor Aphra asked to veto being jettisoned into a vacuum as a method of execution if the Sith Lord Darth Vader chose to kill her. The power of the Force could allow one to survive for a time in a vacuum, though they might still need serious medical attention afterwards.
As the vacuum of space appears in almost every Star Wars work, this list only includes specific mentions of a vacuum.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Rising Malevolence"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Shadow of Malevolence"
- Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith
- Kanan 5: The Last Padawan, Part V: Release
- Adventures in Wild Space: The Snare
- Adventures in Wild Space: The Rescue
- Lords of the Sith
- Thrawn (Mentioned only)
- Lost Stars
- Battle to the End
- A New Hope: The Princess, the Scoundrel, and the Farm Boy
- Smuggler's Run: A Han Solo & Chewbacca Adventure
- Heir to the Jedi (Mentioned only)
- Darth Vader 4: Vader, Part IV
- "Blade Squadron"—Star Wars Insider 149–150
- The Legends of Luke Skywalker
- Join the Resistance (Mentioned only)
- The Last Jedi: Bomber Command
- Star Wars: Episode VIII The Last Jedi
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Shadow of Malevolence"
- ↑ Star Wars Rebels – "The Call"
- ↑ Heir to the Jedi
- ↑ Star Wars Rebels: The Visual Guide
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Rising Malevolence"
- ↑ Lords of the Sith
- ↑ "Blade Squadron"—Star Wars Insider 149–150
- ↑ Darth Vader 4: Vader, Part IV
- ↑ Star Wars: Episode VIII The Last Jedi