- "Why of all worlds is he on Vallt? You realize Vallt has gone over to the Separatists?"
"I do. But Vallt was a Republic member world when Dr. Erso agreed to oversee Zerpen's onworld facility. A deal was cut with Vallt's former leadership that allowed for mining and construction in return for a very generous aid package."
- ―Mas Amedda and Orson Krennic
Vallt was a planet located in the Outer Rim Territories that was the homeworld of the Valltii and Taqwa species, also the birthplace of Jyn Erso. Vallt was a cold world, with half the planet covered in glacial ice. The climate was often snowy and windy and quite inhospitable to off-worlders.
Galen Erso and his team were working on Vallt for Zerpen Industries when the Vallt government was overthrown in a coup by those sympathetic to the Separatist movement. The planet thus shifted from being a Galactic Republic aligned planet to a Separatist one during this period.
Vallt as a member of the RepublicEdit
- "I can only wonder what Count Dooku offered Vallt's new leadership. Perhaps he promised to tug this world a bit closer to your star."
"Trade, respect, fair representation in the Confederacy. All that we weren't receiving as a member of the Republic."
- ―Galen Erso and Chieftain Gruppe, after Phara's coup
The Outer Rim snow planet of Vallt had been a member world of the Galactic Republic for years before the Clone Wars. While it was a member it did not receive much trade or respect from the government, and also lacked a fair representation in the Republic. For around a decade, Vallt's representatives brought this to the attention to the Republic, but this did not change their status. During his time as Chair of the Senate, Mas Amedda served on a committee with Vallt representatives, but did not grant them the support they wished.
- Catalyst: A Rogue One Novel (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Rogue One Graphic Novel Adaptation (Mentioned only)
- Rogue One Adaptation 4 (Appears in flashback(s)) (First pictured)
- Star Wars: Rogue One: The Ultimate Visual Guide
- Star Wars: Rogue One: Rebel Dossier
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know, Updated and Expanded
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 1.13 1.14 Catalyst: A Rogue One Novel
- ↑ Poe Dameron: Flight Log states that atmospheres habitable to oxygen-breathers, such as humans, are known as "Type 1" atmospheres. Catalyst: A Rogue One Novel shows that Vallt's atmosphere is breathable to humans; therefore, the planet has a Type 1 atmosphere.
- ↑ Star Wars: Rogue One: Rebel Dossier