- "Why of all worlds is he on Vallt? You realize Vallt has gone over to the Separatists?"
"I do. But Vallt was a Republic member world when Dr. Erso agreed to oversee Zerpen's onworld facility. A deal was cut with Vallt's former leadership that allowed for mining and construction in return for a very generous aid package."
- ―Mas Amedda and Orson Krennic
Vallt was a planet located in the Outer Rim Territories that was the homeworld of the Valltii and Taqwa species, also the birthplace of Jyn Erso. Vallt was a cold world, with half the planet covered in glacial ice. The climate was often snowy and windy and quite inhospitable to off-worlders.
Galen Erso and his team were working on Vallt for Zerpen Industries when the Vallt government was overthrown in a coup by those sympathetic to the Separatist movement. The planet thus shifted from being a Galactic Republic aligned planet to a Separatist one during this period.
- Catalyst: A Rogue One Novel (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Rogue One Graphic Novel Adaptation (Mentioned only)
- Rogue One Adaptation 4 (Appears in flashback(s)) (First pictured)
- Star Wars: Rogue One: The Ultimate Visual Guide
- Star Wars: Rogue One: Rebel Dossier
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know, Updated and Expanded